We are happy to announce the first ever Blend4Web contest - a competition in creating interactive scenes for the Web! The theme is: X-Mas and New Year's! The days when static images, video and Flash were enough to visualize your ideas on the Internet are long gone!
The new technology of three-dimensional graphics called WebGL brings a third dimension to the browser, allowing you to fully implement your creative ideas. And with Blend4Web, creating this content becomes quick and easy.
Become a pioneer in this new genre! Create a stunning scene that will be experienced by millions of people!
First place:500 cash
Second place:300 cash
Third place:200 cash
- 1)Submit your entry by January 10, 2016;
- 2)All entries will be processed and the winner determined by January 12, 2016;
- 3)The winning entries will be published on the official contest page by January 13, 2016.
- 1)The scene must correspond with the theme of the contest.;
- 2)Each step of the work process must be done by the contestant him/herself. The contestant can also record the project's progress on the Forum;
- 3)Models used in a presentation must be unique, made specifically for this contest (no BlendSwap, etc.);
- 4)The work must be completed and submitted before the deadline;
- 5)Source files (.blend files, textures, etc.) and application code (if any) must be published under the CC BY 4.0 license.
- 1)The work must be done using Blend4Web;
- 2)The result must be presented as an HTML or zip archive;
- 3)The scene polygon limit is 50000 triangles;
- 4)Texture resolution must be a power of two, maximum 1024 px (for example 1024x1024, 128x512, 512x64). Exceptions are environment cubemaps: they must have an aspect ratio of 3:2 and be a power of two vertically (for example, 1536x1024, 768x512);
- 5)The scene must be optimized - keep the balance between detailization and polygon count, quality and texture resolution, use the possibility to pack BW textures into RGBA channels, combine several node materials into one using masks, and use heavy effects wisely (such as SSAO).