Problem building project

18 April 2018 23:23
Hi, again Alexander:

In the end, I've been able to compile my app. The thing was this line:

<script type="module" src="mits_logo.js" b4w-offset="../../.."></script>

Instead of this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="../../dist/b4w.js"></script>

Then the app compiled succesfully. The thing is the project was created with another version of b4w, I think.

PS.: You would have to tell me how to apply that patch file. I don't know how to apply it. If you explain me how to apply the patch I am eager to test it.
19 April 2018 11:53
Yeah, you've found another solution. But It is workaround. You can also change project type to copy and it also should work.
To apply the patch you should use specific utility called gnu patch. Or since the patch includes just one line change, you can make this manually. Open the patch with text editor. As you can see, you should add the line
engine_str = ""

to the scripts/lib/ file. Between
'.min.css' + suffix + '">', css_pos[rel][1]]

if engine_src:
Alexander (Blend4Web Team)
19 April 2018 13:19
All right, thank you very much. I'll try the patching. I understand it will make the app work with compile, does it?
19 April 2018 13:36
Yes, for "compile" type of project.
Alexander (Blend4Web Team)
19 April 2018 13:38
Ok, thank your very much for the help.
20 April 2018 01:08
Ok, at last I managed to apply the patch with git, I didn't know about that git feature. And it works ok, the app compiles correctly, thank you very much for the fix.

Indeed the workaround didn't work, when I tested the app it really didn't show up correctly. When it compiled I thought it would show up ok but it was not the case. It simply showed a white background. I thought it was a css change I had made but it was not compiled correctly.

As I said, thank you very much for taking the time to fix it.
20 April 2018 10:43
Thank you for the report!
Alexander (Blend4Web Team)
Please register or log in to leave a reply.