Forum

Thor robot - Assembly animation

29 July 2018 21:11
¡Hi everyone!

I have been working with B4W and reading you all in the shadows for about 2 weeks! And now is time to share with you my almost-finished project

I was looking for a way to ease the assembly process of the Open Source robot (named Thor) I designed, as many people seems to be very discouraged when they see the amount of materials needed.
I was thinking about recording a video of me assembling Thor, but as I don't have a nice camera I was looking for an alternative. I had a bit of experience working with blender and I thought about making a video with the 3D animation, but when I found this fantastic addon I was decided to use it!

So, without further ado, here you can see the assembly animation.

All the feedback is welcome!

Every file of this project can be found in its Github's repo.
Feel free to inspect/copy/adapt it to your needs! You'll find this features:
  • - HTML buttons interaction
  • - Timeline sequence play
  • - Hide/Show/Transparent 3D objects
  • - Camera control

Finally, I would like to thank the whole B4W community, I can't remember how many post helped me, but MANY. I had no idea of how B4W worked and I managed to make my idea come true.
Thank you!

PD: In case you are interested in the Thor project, here you'll find more info.
30 July 2018 21:39

You did this all in two weeks??? It's amazing! I've never seen so many animation steps in a single project. It looks very professional too. If there's one thing to improve, you could set the camera target to the object, so that the object always stays center-screen while the user pans around it (LMB), and also allow zooming in + out (mousewheel).
30 July 2018 22:16
Reply to post of user Blend4Life

You did this all in two weeks??? It's amazing! I've never seen so many animation steps in a single project. It looks very professional too. If there's one thing to improve, you could set the camera target to the object, so that the object always stays center-screen while the user pans around it (LMB), and also allow zooming in + out (mousewheel).

Hi Blend4Life!

Thanks for your words!
Yeah, I thought the same thing for the camera, but as I almost got mad trying to change the camera type for the initial auto-rotation I gave up with this for the moment, but I'll try again soon!

Please register or log in to leave a reply.