Forum

Give annotation anchor divs a javascript ID (to enable manipulating them)

16 August 2018 19:38
Well, pretty much what the title line says. I would like to address the DIVs created by the engine for annotation anchors AND for their description element to manipulate them with Javascript dynamically.

This is not possible currently because create_annotation() and create_anchor_descr_elem() in anchors.js create these DIVs with document.createElement("div") but then they don't give IDs to the DIVs.

It would be very helpful to be able to address the divs. Other users have been asking about this too.
25 September 2018 10:29
25 September 2018 18:06
No, I'm looking for a way to address this issue. Turns out it can only be solved with a trick or by changing the source code to give annotation anchor divs and their description divs an ID each. That's what I want to become a regular feature.

It's just two lines but I'm not too optimistic. (No dev for two months now, lots of spam, seemingly unanswered business inquiries which is the most damning sign - I mean, anyone who sees the state of the forum now and threads like this will be discouraged from buying the product - don't you agree? Yet it's all left unanswered, unchallenged, unkempt. I don't get it…)
25 September 2018 22:03
You are completely right blend4life, the first developers of b4w are no longer, I do not know why I do not care, but they are developing another framewok that advances vertiginously, b4w is now stagnant.
25 September 2018 22:42
You are completely right blend4life, the first developers of b4w are no longer, I do not know why I do not care, but they are developing another framewok that advances vertiginously, b4w is now stagnant.
Yeah I know, they're doing Verge now, but there is no reason for the remaining team in charge of B4W to give this kind of poor presentation, it is like shooting yourself in the foot with a machine gun.
25 September 2018 23:01
Yeah I know, they're doing Verge now, but there is no reason for the remaining team in charge of B4W to give this kind of poor presentation, it is like shooting yourself in the foot with a machine gun.

Yes, it seems like it's abandoned, I love b4w, but I do not live from this, it's a hobby.
I just hope it is not forgotten.
26 September 2018 18:46
Reply to post of user Juani
Yes, it seems like it's abandoned
I agree.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.