Forum

disable pause key (P)

06 December 2018 13:32
i just noticed that pressing P pauses the engine, even if letter_controls are disabled.

is there a way to prevent this behaviour?

and are there other keys doing things we should know about?
06 December 2018 20:22
i just noticed that pressing P pauses the engine, even if letter_controls are disabled.

is there a way to prevent this behaviour?
Yes, by adding

key_pause_enabled:false

to the m_app.init() param.

See here: https://www.blend4web.com/en/forums/topic/4807/?page=1#post-22327

and are there other keys doing things we should know about?
I agree. It would be nice to have a table where all the default keybindings of B4W are listed.

It would also be great to be able to remap the keys oneself. I was always looking for a way to use ESC instead of P for m_main.pause() and m_main.resume(), but once the engine is paused, it no longer reacts to ESC (which is the key that comes natural to any user), but it does react to P (which is a stupid key that nobody ever thought or heard of ).
13 December 2018 19:58
awesome! thank you

i will try it tomorrow. edit: it works! nice

well, you can always add a javascript key listener and check for esc
13 December 2018 21:51
Exactly. I think they used P for a reason though, because P is unused by default whereas keys like ESC, F11 etc. may already be bound to browser functions (pointerlock, fullscreen etc.). Also, P exists on any keyboard / keyboard emulation, whereas ESC may not.
19 December 2018 08:34
Follow this step
Hold Windows logo and press R.
Type osk and press Enter to open On-Screen Keyboard.
Hold Ctrl or Fn and click Pause to simulate Break If you need to use only Pause key, then you need to click only Pause key.
Enjoy working on your Windows machine.
If anyone face printer issue click here Canon Support

Please register or log in to leave a reply.