Forum

Client project question

06 February 2019 17:34
I have some questions.
I have a client who wants to showcasing around 100 products individually in 3d with html buttons and animations on their site.
Is this possible with blend4web ?
It would mean making 100 of projects.
Will this be too heavy and may slow down the site??
If it is possible does it need to be commercial license or can I use open source license ?
06 February 2019 20:25
Why would it mean hundreds of projects? You could load each asset dynamically on a single page in a single project. The Cartoon Interior is an example where assets are loaded when the user clicks buttons. It has only a couple, but nothing is stopping you from having hundreds in your project.

Will this be too heavy and may slow down the site??
I don't think so, because each asset is only loaded upon demand and you can delete the previous asset.

can I use open source license
According to the rules, yes, but only if you share all your own sources.
07 February 2019 14:04
Thanks for answering Blend4Life

Why would it mean hundreds of projects? You could load each asset dynamically on a single page in a single project. The Cartoon Interior is an example where assets are loaded when the user clicks buttons. It has only a couple, but nothing is stopping you from having hundreds in your project.

Yes u could do that, but the problem is each product has their own page on the clients site with its specific specifications and It's own button to look at it individually in 3d. That would mean each product (asset) is a project unless their is some other way.
07 February 2019 19:21
the problem is each product has their own page on the clients site with its specific specifications and It's own button to look at it individually in 3d. That would mean each product (asset) is a project
No, one and the same project can do this. It does not matter whether the products are organized in one page or 100 different pages. You just need to call the project's javascript from every page (or put it in every page). When the 3D button is pressed, the javascript retrieves the product ID from its call parameter or the page name, whatever you have. It then loads the specific JSON/BIN of that product only and starts the scene. You don't have 100 projects, you just have 100 sets of JSON/BIN.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.