Forum

Uploading into webpage

01 February 2016 06:04
I am at the stage where I am trying to upload the JSON file into a webpage. I am trying to use the iframe option (first). The HTML version was successful, but the JSON option was not.
I have followed the instructions in the Embedding Options video tutorial but it seems a bit out of date.
I currently receive an error message in the grey screen which says "Please specify a scene to load".

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <title>New Swears</title>
</head>
<body>
    <iframe width="800" height="600" allowfullscreen src="/deploy/apps/webplayer/webplayer.html?load="/deploy/apps_dev/New_Swears_Room/New_Swears_Room.JSON"></iframe>
</body>
</html>/code]

Your help is much appreciated.

Cluetrekk  
01 February 2016 09:54
Hello.

I think, the cause of this message is an incorrect relative path to .json file. Try the following path, please:

<iframe width="800" height="600" allowfullscreen src="/deploy/apps/webplayer/webplayer.html?load="../../../apps_dev/New_Swears_Room/New_Swears_Room.json"></iframe>
02 February 2016 06:32
Thanks, but it still didn't work.
I've uploaded the .blend file, all of the asset files (images and media files), and placed them in the appropriate directories i.e. the same directories where they resided under blend4web_sdk folder.
The message continues to be "Please specify a scene to load".

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <title>Listen</title>
</head>
<body>
    <iframe width="800" height="600" allowfullscreen src="/deploy/apps/webplayer/webplayer.html?load="../../../apps_dev/New_Swears_Room/New_Swears_Room.json"></iframe>
</body>
</html>

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but the webplayer.html is in the '/apps' folder and the .json file is in the '/apps_dev' folder.
Any additional ideas are much appreciated,
Thanks very much,
Cluetrekk
02 February 2016 10:09
Just remove the " symbol before /deploy/app….. It should do the trick.
Here's the correct code line:
<iframe width="800" height="600" allowfullscreen src="/deploy/apps/webplayer/webplayer.html?load=/deploy/apps_dev/New_Swears_Room/New_Swears_Room.JSON"></iframe>
03 February 2016 05:33
hmmm…it is still not working. I now get the following message "Could not load the scene"

I have placed the files in the following folders:
public_html/apps_dev/New_Swears_Room/New_Swears_Room.json
public_html/apps_dev/New_Swears_Room/webplayer/webplayer.html
public_html/deploy/apps/webplayer/webplayer.html
public_html/assets/New_Swears_Room/<all media files>

Am I missing something?
Thanks so much,
Cluetrekk
03 February 2016 10:24
Hello.
"Could not load the scene"

It means, that Webplayer couldn't find .json (incorrect path).

Try the following line, please.
<iframe width="800" height="600" allowfullscreen src="/deploy/apps/webplayer/webplayer.html?load=../../../apps_dev/New_Swears_Room/New_Swears_Room.json"></iframe>

04 February 2016 06:32
Yes, things eventually worked! I moved/saved the .json and bin file to the deploy/assets/New_Swears_Room folder instead of the apps_dev folder and re-addressed it accordingly and it all worked.
There remain some issues with sound for some items and the interactivity responses for other items stop working periodically, but these are separate issues that I'll try to resolve.
At least it is up and running now!
Thanks for your help!
Cluetrekk

Please register or log in to leave a reply.