Lens Flare

14 June 2016 20:50
Hi,
How to make lens flare with Blend4web?
Thank
15 June 2016 10:36
The Island Goes Open Source

Here is another gift for New Year's: the source files of our first demo app called The Island are now included in the free Blend4Web SDK! You'll find the materials for the terrain, sea and waterfall, learn how smoke and splash particles are set up, what is behind the lens flare effect, how animation works and how the trees and other objects are arranged.

From the release notes of B4W 14.12. So i guess you should have a look to the island files for a start.

https://www.blend4web.com/en/article/85/
15 June 2016 13:19

Merci LukeVideo,

J'ai ouvert le fichier "island" et j'ai trouvé l'objet qui représente les "Lens flare" (je l'ai trouvé sous le sol de l'île). Mais pourtant je n'arrive vraiment pas à savoir comment il fonctionne. Après avoir généré un fichier HTML j'ai remarqué que les Lens flare ce sont parentés à la caméra.
Et le problème ce que je ne vois aucun paramètre qui justifie cela.
J'ai ouvert le fichier "island.json" et impossible de comprendre le fonctionnement de ce dernier.

PS : je ne parle pas couramment l'anglais, je m'en excuse.
15 June 2016 16:17
De rien.
J'ai l'impression que ton lensflasre est en fait un objet avec une texture quasiment invisible et en plus transparente mais dont on voit les reflexions.

En fait c'est un object qui fait un effet de parralax avec une texture transparente. Mais je ne vois pas comment elle se déplace de sous l'île au ciel

So i am under the impression that the lens flare object has a transparent texture that is hardly visible but that cast reflexion. So what we see isn't the texture of the object but really the reflexion of it.
Is that right?

In fact we see through the lens flare object. But i don't understand how it goes from under the island to way high in the sky????

And now i start the french support !
15 June 2016 18:28
In fact we see through the lens flare object. But i don't understand how it goes from under the island to way high in the sky????
The lens flare effect is a very old and "hacky" feature inherited from the first WebGL experiments made long before Blend4Web was first released. We have in our plans to make it configurable as it is with other Blend4Web features. For now you can experiment with (re)moving planes in this "object" to get an idea how it works.

And now i start the french support !
That's great! Thank you so much!
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
15 June 2016 19:09
J'ai fait une vidéo qui expose mon problème.
Quelqu'un pourrait m'aider?
https://youtu.be/cg8qmKdepLw
17 June 2016 11:53

Reply to post of user blendd
J'ai fait une vidéo qui expose mon problème.
Quelqu'un pourrait m'aider?
https://youtu.be/cg8qmKdepLw
So our friend has made a little video about his questions. Wondering how the lensflare thing is setup. I find it quite obscure my self.
17 June 2016 15:32
Hello.

The Lens Flares property will be available on the material setting to the upcoming release.
17 June 2016 16:24
Hi,

Thank you for letting me know.
Merci de me l'avoir dit

Please register or log in to leave a reply.