Forum

Installation of sdk

05 November 2016 11:20
I have a problem getting the sdk visible in Blender…

i worked ok, until i upgraded to blender 2.78a, and downloaded the last blender_ce, 16_10…
of course, stubborn and stupid i didnt follow the instructions completely…

two questions:
1. i am confused about the scripts directory in user preferences:…since no directory is called 'sdk', should it map to the direcotry with the 'bin', 'lib' and 'locales' folder… ?
2. after restarting blender, i dont see the blend4web addin i my addon list,not even greyedout..so cant select it.. how does it refresh,

thanks in advance
06 November 2016 12:57
two questions:
1. i am confused about the scripts directory in user preferences:…since no directory is called 'sdk', should it map to the direcotry with the 'bin', 'lib' and 'locales' folder… ?
2. after restarting blender, i dont see the blend4web addin i my addon list,not even greyedout..so cant select it.. how does it refresh,
Hello!

1) Scripts directory should map to the directory which you get after extracting sdk archive (it containas folders like apps_dev, blender, deploy etc). Nothing special here
2) I would suggest to make sure that b4w addon is not listed. Then clear scripts folder property, save user settings and restart blender. Then select needed scripts folder and again save settings, restart. Then b4w addon should be visible I hope
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
06 November 2016 19:00
Thanks a lot..
setting the directory correct was enough… feel really stupid now

had a lot of fun already with your product,
reading forums,documentation.. and getting things working…
Coming from unity3d and three.js, i miss the obj.clone function to clone a complete EMPTY to a new name… but sofar the engine is much more robust and faster then unity, and better documented then threejs..
07 November 2016 10:57
had a lot of fun already with your product,
reading forums,documentation.. and getting things working…
Coming from unity3d and three.js, i miss the obj.clone function to clone a complete EMPTY to a new name… but sofar the engine is much more robust and faster then unity, and better documented then threejs..
Glad to hear
We are working hard on documentation and overall engine usability so it'll be even better
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn

Please register or log in to leave a reply.