Forum

Nodes for Normal and Bump

13 May 2017 23:22
Hi,

I'm working on a project but I can't get the Normal/Bump to export. I was looking at the documentation and tutorials but after trying different things without luck, I came here as a last resort.

For the BumpMap I go from Geometry - UV to (Bump)Texture - Vector and from Geometry - UV to Parallax - UV and from (Bump)Texture - Color to Parallax - Height Map. Then I go from Parallax - UV to 3 different Texture(s) - Vector(s) which go to 2 Material(s) - Color(s), and 1 to Spec.

For the NormalMap I go from the (Normal)Material - Normal to 1 Material - Normal.

It renders fine but it doesn't export.
13 May 2017 23:27
FYI - I wanted to put the NormalMap on the Alpha-channel of the BumpMap but then the size went up to +9MB where now they are 540kB and 1.5MB. So I keep them separated.
15 May 2017 14:52
FYI - I wanted to put the NormalMap on the Alpha-channel of the BumpMap but then the size went up to +9MB where now they are 540kB and 1.5MB. So I keep them separated.
Can you share a blend file so we can look at it closely?
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
15 May 2017 23:24
Sure… Here it is…
16 May 2017 15:59
Sure… Here it is…
Please, can you pack the textures into the file I can't understand something without them.
16 May 2017 17:00
Sorry… forgot to do that.
Here's the file (again)
16 May 2017 17:57
Unfortunally there's no way to use them separately. In the future we plan to make a refactoring of this node and also add a rendering of the parralax effent directly in the viewport but for now we a forced to leave this as is. May be for you it will be better to make all your roughness of the planet with simple geometry, for example just use your bump map as a displacement map for displacement modifyer, becaouse a parralax effect also cause a bad artifacts on not simple (like a plain) geometry. I also corrected your blend file so the parralax effect works well.
earthB4W (1).blend
16 May 2017 18:43
In the future we plan to make a refactoring of this node and also add a rendering of the parralax effent directly in the viewport

I look forward to this…

make all your roughness of the planet with simple geometry, for example just use your bump map as a displacement map for displacement modifyer

Ok, I'll try that.

I also corrected your blend file so the parralax effect works well

Thanks for that Mikhail. Grtz

Please register or log in to leave a reply.