Dynamic Geometry Texture Coordinates

11 October 2017 16:45
Hi @ll,
Is there a way to apply texture coordinates to the dynamically/programmatically created geometry, too?
Hearing Dmitry stating: "giving the ability to use procedural geometry in scenes", gives me hope that this is an active topic/area of development of the Blend4Web-Engine (?).

In the API, I found only
m_geometry.update_vertex_array(obj, mat_name, attrib_name, array)

with "a_position", "a_tbn" (tangent-binormal-normal?) and "a_normal" as possible attrib_name attribute names, the engine-source code of that function showed as well only handling of those three attribute types.

Is there a way or workaround to set the texture-coordinates for each vertex in that dynamic geometry? / Support for the "a_texcoord"-attribute?

Looking forward for any insight,

Cheers, Daniel.
@ Emotional3D
11 October 2017 19:12
or perhaps (as alternative) the possibility to supply vertex-color data to the dynamic geometry?
@ Emotional3D
12 October 2017 10:56
Hi Daniel,

You can use "a_texcoord" and "a_color" for texture coordinates and vertex color respectively if an object has a non-node material.
For node materials it requires to specify an attribute name, which corresponds to a particular uv map or a vertex color. But it's inconvenient as for now, because these attribute names are the engine's internal identifiers like "param_GEOMETRY_UV_a_0", "param_GEOMETRY_UV_a_1" etc.
16 February 2018 10:30
Hi Ivan , I hope you are fine. I am looking a devoloper for my project. The project about jewelery configrator. I already created my models.

I m trying to open a website for .I mean customer can change metal and stones and price will change depends of customer chooices. Colour and stone rendering quality have to like this have to be realistic.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.