Forum

Clearing Commercial License/Partnership Program

16 October 2017 11:32
Hi everyone,
I have some doubt about commercial license and partnership program: I'm trying to develop a configurator and some clients of mine seem to be interested in ordering one for their website; I've read that the commercial license is required for my studio (the developer) but even for my clients, so how does it work? I'm asking since my clients won't ever have an "open" file (aka .blend files) but just the pack of .html/.js/.json/.jpg files needed to put the configurator online on their website.

Knowing this:
- do they need licenses anyway?
- if yes, how about deployment-only licenses?
- if I make 3 configurators for 3 clients (one configurator for each client) will I have to buy 3 deployment-only licenses?
- if I make 3 configurators for the same client will I have to buy 3 deployment-only licenses?

Sorry for the dumb questions and thanks for the attention!
16 October 2017 12:02
- do they need licenses anyway?
Yes, they need a license.

- if yes, how about deployment-only licenses?
You can buy a licences for your clients using special partnership program, but first licence must be standard blend4web PRO licence

- if I make 3 configurators for 3 clients (one configurator for each client) will I have to buy 3 deployment-only licenses?
No, you need to buy only one licence per developer in your team.

- if I make 3 configurators for the same client will I have to buy 3 deployment-only licenses?
If they publish it on different domains you will need to buy three licences.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
16 October 2017 13:11
Reply to post of user Mikhail Luzyanin

No, you need to buy only one licence per developer in your team.
So if in the studio we are 10 people do we need 10 blend4web PRO licence to work? I mean the license is for single person and not for studio as developer, right?

If they publish it on different domains you will need to buy three licences.

this means that if they have 2 configurators (let's say one in www.abcd.ef/bags and another in www.abcd.ef/shoes) they need 2 deployment-only licenses, right?
16 October 2017 14:04
So if in the studio we are 10 people do we need 10 blend4web PRO licence to work? I mean the license is for single person and not for studio as developer, right?
Yes, for each developer. But yu can use partnership program where each licence will cost you only 290$.

this means that if they have 2 configurators (let's say one in www.abcd.ef/bags and another in www.abcd.ef/shoes) they need 2 deployment-only licenses, right?
No, only one, because it hosted on the same domain.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
16 October 2017 14:24
Yes, for each developer. But yu can use partnership program where each licence will cost you only 290$.
No, only one, because it hosted on the same domain.

ok so basically 1 990$ license and 9 290$ licenses for a 10 people studio
and then 290$ licenses for each clients/domains

Please register or log in to leave a reply.