Forum

Blend4Web 15.05 Released

26 May 2015 15:46
We are glad to present a new release of Blend4Web! In this release you'll find the glow effect, dynamic cube-mapped reflections, support for more NLA tools and extended possibilities of world textures, particle systems and the camera controls.

https://www.blend4web.com/en/article/128
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
27 May 2015 20:35
THANK YOU!!! For Dynamic Reflections . . .

This has been a huge one to mark off of my wishlist!
28 May 2015 02:23
Just a head's up . . .

I am not sure what is causing it; but it seems if I leave the Blog Announcement for 15.05 open in Firefox; it crashes the browser. This happens even if the browser is running in the background. Not sure if it were the Glow demo that was embedded; but that would be my first guess . . .
28 May 2015 11:42

Ответ на сообщение пользователя mcolinp
Just a head's up . . .

I am not sure what is causing it; but it seems if I leave the Blog Announcement for 15.05 open in Firefox; it crashes the browser. This happens even if the browser is running in the background. Not sure if it were the Glow demo that was embedded; but that would be my first guess . . .
Could you please describe your configuration? What OS and GPU do you use?

[EDIT]
I wasn't able to reproduce this neither on Linux, nor on Windows, nor on Mac with the latest Firefox. What is your Firefox version?
28 May 2015 19:52
I am using a Nvidia Quadro fx5800; on Windows 8. I am actually using Waterfox, which is a 64bit variant of Firefox.

My Board is an ASUS P8-Z77-V-LK; with a 3.5 Gigahertz Q3770 intel Processor: with 32Gigbytes of DDR3 Ram.

*EDIT*

Another note; it did not seem to crash immediately . . .
It seemed that perhaps it might be a memory leak issue; that would occur after being open for several minutes.
29 May 2015 11:43
I am using a Nvidia Quadro fx5800; on Windows 8. I am actually using Waterfox, which is a 64bit variant of Firefox.

My Board is an ASUS P8-Z77-V-LK; with a 3.5 Gigahertz Q3770 intel Processor: with 32Gigbytes of DDR3 Ram.
Had no luck in reproducing this on Windows 8.1 with WaterFox 38.0. I left two tabs with blog announcement for half an our and the browser was stable. I think, there can be some issues with Nvidia Quadro drivers. Currently, we don't have any of such cards and are not able to perform deeper tests.
Have you tried running this in other browsers? Does Chrome or IE behave more stable?
29 May 2015 15:09
Further investigations show that there are really memory problems. Garbage collector doesn't work properly on Firefox 38 and on some previous versions as well. We'll try to figure out if we can do something or if this is only Mozilla's problem.
29 May 2015 19:53
Ответ на сообщение пользователя Evgeny Rodygin
Further investigations show that there are really memory problems. Garbage collector doesn't work properly on Firefox 38 and on some previous versions as well. We'll try to figure out if we can do something or if this is only Mozilla's problem.

Glad to see that there were some validity to my situation. I realize it is pretty much impossible to make everything work perfectly ALL of the time; though I want to be sure that it is made known when such a problem occurs; in hopes that it can be worked out, as well as possible.
29 May 2015 20:41
I have experienced a similar crash, with Firefox
Windows 7
Firefox 35.0
Intel I7
Nvidia Titan Black
03 June 2015 01:14
Oops I was wrong, the dynamic reflections work fine on the iPad 2.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.