Forum

Blend4Web, NASA and the Curiosity Rover

06 August 2015 09:20
Dear customers and the Blend4Web community!

We are glad to inform you about a remarkable Blend4Web-powered project recently released by NASA. To celebrate the 3rd anniversary of Curiosity, the famous Mars rover, landing on the red planet, NASA has developed a web application to reflect the most prominent moments of this space mission. This app is both very informative and intriguing: you can move the rover, control its cameras and the robotic arm and even take a selfie!
Link

The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
06 August 2015 10:17
Amazing news ! Congrats for this big opportunity, hope that more and more people will use Blend4Web
06 August 2015 18:54
Outstanding, though it makes sense when one considers the awesomeness that is Blend4Web.

Wouldn't load in IE for Windows10 (sticks at about 30%), loaded in Firefox no problem.
06 August 2015 19:03
Wouldn't load in IE for Windows10 (sticks at about 30%), loaded in Firefox no problem.

Going to support Win10 by the next release.
06 August 2015 19:23
I was working for Larrivee guitars when the ISS acoustic guitar was made and sent up to the space station, and now I can say I was part of the B4W community when NASA made this! Congratulations! Maybe I should get some tutorials together to help the inevitable onslaught of new users, I will soon need a fall season project to fill my time.
07 August 2015 12:04
18 August 2015 11:06
Would it be possible to get access to the sources of the curiosity project?
For the application that I am about to do this would be a really good starting point. The features are almost the same compared to what I want to do.
18 August 2015 11:39
Would it be possible to get access to the sources of the curiosity project?
I'm not sure about the current plans of NASA in relation to this app. However, it may be possible since they practice open sourcing their projects a lot.
18 August 2015 11:57
Thanks for the link, Yuri.
So I've written them a mail, we will see what happens
Actually, a little off topic, could you quickly have a look at the thread opened by me, there is an answer missing, I am waiting for… Thanks so much!
18 August 2015 18:37
Actually, a little off topic, could you quickly have a look at the thread opened by me, there is an answer missing, I am waiting for… Thanks so much!

Answered in the thread!

Please register or log in to leave a reply.