Forum

4 camera output? South, East, West, North

08 September 2015 13:53
Is it possible to output 4 camera images at the same time, side by side?
There is a square room with 4 projectors, each targeted to different wall. I would like to show my interactive blend4web project there.
08 September 2015 19:14
Yeah, there is :) But a tricky one.

I used 5 scenes (A main scene and a scene for every secondary cam output). All secondary cameras are rendering into " displays' " textures: every display has its own material and its own texture.

The main thing:
Lamp, room and Suzanne are on the main scene, and they are linked to secondary scenes. So we have on secondary scenes everything that is happening on the main one - and also we're saving resources. You can link objects to another scene by selecting objects, pressing space, typing "Link objects to scene" and selecting a secondary scene.

Hope it helps

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

4_cams.blend
4cam.html
15 September 2015 16:01
Wow, thanks!

I modified this file to get closer to that 4 projector room.

One question: There is "Use vertical rotation clamping" check-box under "Camera" settings.
Should I be able to limit vertical camera movement with this? I played with it's settings but it still moves vertically.

4_kaamerat.html
15 September 2015 16:03

Ответ на сообщение пользователя nils.austa
Wow, thanks!

I modified this file to get closer to that 4 projector room. Parented these cams to main cam.

One question: There is "Use vertical rotation clamping" check-box under "Camera" settings.
Should I be able to limit vertical camera movement with this? I played with it's settings but it still moves vertically.

4_kaamerat.html
.blend
15 September 2015 16:25

Yes, just set the angles to 0 on the main camera

4_kaamerat_v7.blend
4_kaamerat.html
15 September 2015 20:34
I actually did try that. Have no idea why it did not work that time for me.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.