Forum

Clicking one object to trigger animation in another

19 September 2015 06:45
Yay, animation nodes! My right-brain thanks you!

Using our old friend "interactive_web_application" as a starting point, let's say you put a row of 3 button objects in the scene, one in front of each gem. You'd then be able to start each gem up by clicking that button instead! How's it done?

https://www.blend4web.com/tutorials/examples/interactive_web_application/example.html
19 September 2015 16:15
Yes, we can do that with no programming.
Here is a working example.
And the blend file.
So one object plays certain frames on the NLA that contain an aninmation block for the other object.

Also here is a video that goes in to more detail on the NLA panel.
22 September 2015 07:11
Thanks! This helps!

I have just barely poked into the animation aspect of Blender - for years I'd mostly done traditional art and still renders, and admit to being a bit intimidated with getting things moving - so I'm hoping nodes will make the process more intuitive (and fun!).

I'm looking forward to a tutorial that will demonstrate all aspects of node behavior (maybe the factory does this? I'm notoriously lazy about reading before asking ). I guess in order to make the animation repeatable, you have to feed the end outputs back to the initial jump?

Also, if you had many objects, 10 for instance, I guess they'd form a long chain similar to this? Also it looks like I'd just need to make sure the tracks didn't overlap. Then if I wanted a mass animation I would duplicate and overlap the tracks in a separate set of frames.

***or*** would it be more elegant to set up 10 separate node trees?
22 September 2015 07:17
I'm looking forward to a tutorial that will demonstrate all aspects of node behavior
I believe the next release will contain more logic nodes. I plan to do a video on them as soon as I can get my hands on it.

I guess in order to make the animation repeatable, you have to feed the end outputs back to the initial jump?
Correct.

Ya I have poked around with Blender for years but now with Blend4Web it is worth jumping in to the deep end.

Here are the videos I have done so far.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.