Forum

Shape keys and drivers.

01 October 2015 12:58
Hi dear B4W team,

-> Yuri, since your last email, i've found time to load and test the new node editor for nla.

It's awesome !!! That's exactly what we wanted before instead of this old stack where it was so painful to insert a new slot in the middle ….

So thank to the team again, this is great !

Now my new problem is with shape keys.

I've tried to export an animation with shape keys controlled by a driver in an armature.
It doesn't work.
The rig works in the html export, ( i've even baked the action to have IK working correctly ) except for the shape keys.
The morph doesn't show.

So, I'v tried to bake each mesh concerned in "vertex animation", and then, in the export, it works.

BUT : The file has became hundred times bigger !!! unloadable on the web !!

So my question is : i've seen the examples where a slider can make shape keys work, but how to do it with the drivers from bones of the armature instead of a slider ? I mean, it doesn't need to be changed manually by the user, but to be animated in the nla after a select and play for example.

01 October 2015 15:11
Hello!

Can you please send the file or the example of it?
01 October 2015 15:44
Hi Nicolas, it is a pleasure to meet you!
Now my new problem is with shape keys.

I've tried to export an animation with shape keys controlled by a driver in an armature.
It doesn't work.
The rig works in the html export, ( i've even baked the action to have IK working correctly ) except for the shape keys.
The morph doesn't show.
I wish such rigs (skinning + shape keys) were supported in Blend4Web but unfortunately they are not supported for the moment.
So, I'v tried to bake each mesh concerned in "vertex animation", and then, in the export, it works.
BUT : The file has became hundred times bigger !!! unloadable on the web !!
Yep, this may be a workaround only in some cases when your model is low-poly and the animation is short.
So my question is : i've seen the examples where a slider can make shape keys work, but how to do it with the drivers from bones of the armature instead of a slider ? I mean, it doesn't need to be changed manually by the user, but to be animated in the nla after a select and play for example.
Implementing shape key animation has been added in our TODO list!
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
04 October 2015 13:48
Thank you again Yuri.

I was afraid i am too silly for finding the tip, but you confort me : it is just not implemented yet. That's all.

Never mind, i'll wait until it works if it's possible.

01 December 2017 17:55
Hello Everyone-)
I am glad to meet you all as I am new here-).
Maybe it is not smart idea to refresh so old topic but I would like to ask if there is any update for shapekeys controled by drivers and rigs? I was trying to create something similar and I am not sure if I do something wrong or it is simply not available yet?

Thank you-))

Mariusz

Please register or log in to leave a reply.