Forum

Animate B4W_GLOW_OUTPUT?

12 October 2015 07:47
Hi there is there anyway to animate the B4W_GLOW_OUTPUT so that it's a pulsating glow?

Basically i want a area to glow so that the user's eye is attracted to a button.

I'm new to blend4web (but not Blender) so you may need to spell it out to me.

Thanks in advance.
12 October 2015 12:30
Hi!
I made an example: our node TIME can help in this task. I wrote all the explanations in the file, so I hope it won't be difficult to understand :)

Oh, and of course you need node material for it

glow.blend
glow.html
13 October 2015 02:29
Wow that was a quick reply, thanks for that.

That's exactly what I was after.

One thing I did notice was on a mac though, was your notes weren't lining up in the Node Editor (see below)

13 October 2015 03:38
Actually now I have another issue, here's what I'm trying to do

ie I have a "dotted line" object and a "glow line" object which pulsates.

but I want to hide the geometry of the "glow line" but still see the glow so that we can see the "dotted line" underneath it, is there anyway to do that, because when I make the "glow line" material's alpha = 0 it does nothing, and when I set it not to render in either the material rendering options or the object rendering properties it seems to cause errors (ie the whole scene becomes white when viewed in the SDK viewer except for shadows )
13 October 2015 10:59

One thing I did notice was on a mac though, was your notes weren't lining up in the Node Editor (see below)

Oh, I see. Well, next time I'll make a screenshot

when I make the "glow line" material's alpha = 0 it does nothing
Did you choose transparency type? Because it must work with 0 alpha:

glow2.blend

glow2.html
14 October 2015 01:56
Ah yes thanks, sorry been so used to Cycles that I have to get my head back into BI mode :) (even though I'm in Blend4web
03 January 2017 09:41
Hi !!
I'm currently doing a car model and I want to glow the headlight of it. I'm quite new to it, Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance
03 January 2017 16:28
Reply to post of user aj710
Hi !!
I'm currently doing a car model and I want to glow the headlight of it. I'm quite new to it, Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance
Hello and welcome to Blend4Web forums!
Please use blend files from this topic as examples. I think this will help you to learn this technique quite easily.
04 January 2017 14:08
Hi !!
Thanks in advance
Hi, here's and example for you with two animated objects: material with glow effect and spot light.
fara.blend
Blend4web and that kind of thing.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.