User posts Tonio
28 March 2017 14:57
Hello again,

I could temporarily resolve this problem by editing the "" and "" by adding the encoding type 'UTF8' in the "open(filename,encoding="UTF8")" functions that were flagged in the console. Not very elegant and could lead to others problems but I could finally build/compile and deploy a blank project with app.js modified.

Well, hope this will help others if this problem is not unique to my situation. I'm interrested in others solutions and clarifications.

28 March 2017 10:57

I'm trying to build a new project, and compile it, and got the following error in the operation control console:

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\blend4web_ce\scripts\lib\", line 2105, in get_used_modules
text =
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\python\lib\encodings\", line 23, in decode
return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x81 in position 1500: character maps to

I want to compile the b4w engine to include littles tweek in the app.js module, basically different keyboard letters, and I'm stuck with this error.
I tried to reinstall Blender with a fresh extract of Blend4Web, and tried to compile a new project but still got this error. While I 'm no expert in Python, I tried to modified the "" to include the encoding type utf-8 in the open() function but to not avail.

If anybody knows what I'm doing wrong or if someone already found some solution to this, I will really apreciate help.

I 'm on Windows 10