Forum

FK Animation won't load

10 June 2016 12:27
Wooooah! That's cool, man! I love the interactivity, how it's made!

I have some things to recommend tho. I'd recommend to limit camera zoom, to set the body of the drummer to "Disable Frustrum Culling" so it won't disappear (Object tab, Rendering Properties panel). Also maybe it'll look cooler if you extend the tail of the fuel burning? Maybe some smoke?

Ok, now for your questions:

) I want to make a portfolio page in B4W now, and thought that it would be awesome if the content would follow the users cursor automatically, similar to this page here: http://inear.se/visualeyezer/

As you can see, they blocked the camera from moving. It wasn't made just because, there's a deep meaning. Like on 2d webpage, the cursor runs in 2D, while your object is in 3D. It can be done through coding, but it won't satisfy you if you want to rotate the camera. I spoke with our programmers about that some months ago, this seems easy but is pretty much unconvenient.

Can you please attach your files? 40mb is too much for that king of scene, something totally needs to be optimized. I'd look through it to see what weights so much.

About the dropbox and html stuff - I don't know :( Maybe someone else can have a clue what's going on.

Anyway, good luck with your project, it really is looking great so far!
10 June 2016 15:24
Hey Pavel, I'm glad you like it :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll implement that soon. Smoke might be a good idea, yeah, I'd thought about that too!

Yeah you're right, there's no camera movement in the visualeyezer scene. The thing that I really like about the page is how it instantly reacts to your cursor movement, without having to click and hold the left mouse button, which is how you would have to do it in the B4W player. Is there maybe an easy way of doing this in B4W? So the camera rotation would constantly be influenced by the cursor position, without the LMB having to be held down? I think that could be really awesome =)

I attached the blend file to this post, I'm sure there's loads of stuff wrong with it, I'm a really messy 3D guy, partly because most of what I do is kind of improvised and trial and error, without really having a deep understanding what's actually going on xD
Thanks for your offer of having a look into it, I'd really appreciate that, just try not to be too surprised or annoyed if it's a total mess, cause now you have been warned xD
Maybe you even find an explanation for why the buttons don't always react to clicking, I thought it might have something to do with them being curves, but that doesn't seem to be the problem - I can't think of any other reason :/

Thanks in advance, as usual =)

Cheers,

William
16 June 2016 15:38
bumpydibump? :D

I know you're busy, but if you could give me a hint if and how one could make the camera move depending on the cursor position, that'd be awesome =)

edit: http://void.hi-res.net/hires this is kind of a good example of what I'm looking for concerning the camera movement, the whole page is pretty inspiring, highly recommended ;) won't work in firefox though, I use chrome for it..
17 June 2016 10:47
Yeah I thought it'll be easy, but I'll be honest - it is painful to try to dig through the file

When I have time tho, I'll try to solve the riddle. For now it seems to me that animations could be optimized - that could free around 10-20mb or so. There are just so many things. If you try to remove objects one-by-one, you could find what actually eats more memory . It'll help me as well :)

And about this mouse thing - yeah, from the box you can't do this. But maybe this will help?

09 September 2016 02:10
Hi guys,

I've run into a problem trying to set up caustics in an underwater scene that I'm trying to put together. I've created a plane and added a water material to it, and enabled caustics. Then I added another plane beneath it and enabled special effects -> caustics under the object tab. A sun lamp is also present in the scene, as required. I can't find any further info about setting this up right, I must be missing something. could you maybe help me out with a quick example for this or something?
As always, any help is greatly appreciated =)

Im using B4W 16.02 with blender 2.76 by the way, but this setup should already support this functionality.

Also is there any way to achieve the bubble effect that is shown in the manual under 24.1.11 Underwater Environment (see the attached screenshot)

Thanks so much and greetings!
09 September 2016 11:12
Hey donjoe!
About bubbles - I'd recommend just using particles. Parent an emitter to the camera (or place it wherever you want bubbles) and set it to go up! That's what we use in Farm demo.
09 September 2016 11:14
Hi,

As of caustics. It should work as expected. I've created a very basic scene. Can you check if the effect is present here? Please note, that caustics changes its strength with height (to smooth water border artifacts) and also it is affected by water fog. Maybe, this is the case?
09 September 2016 13:20
Hey fellas, thanks for the quick response =)

Yeah, it occured to me just now that using a particle emitter would probably do the trick. Good idea with parenting it to the camera, thanks!

Thanks Evgeny, you're right, it seems like it didn't show up because of the height and fog - thanks for the heads up guys, you rock =)
14 September 2016 01:12
Hey guys, got another quick question concerning caustics: Is there any way to manipulate the speed at which the effect is occuring? Or alternatively the depth of the effect? that seems to be fixed to approx. 3.7 height units..

I found this while googling the problem: https://github.com/TriumphLLC/Blend4Web/blob/master/shaders/include/caustics.glslf

'#var CAUST_SPEED vec2(0.0)' kind of sounds like what I'm looking for, but there is no such function it seems.

Any ways around this or am I just going to have to live with it?

Cheers guys!
14 September 2016 10:14
Reply to post of user donjoe
Hey guys, got another quick question concerning caustics: Is there any way to manipulate the speed at which the effect is occuring? Or alternatively the depth of the effect? that seems to be fixed to approx. 3.7 height units..

I found this while googling the problem: https://github.com/TriumphLLC/Blend4Web/blob/master/shaders/include/caustics.glslf

'#var CAUST_SPEED vec2(0.0)' kind of sounds like what I'm looking for, but there is no such function it seems.

Any ways around this or am I just going to have to live with it?

Cheers guys!
Hi,

Yes, currently caustics speed is a built-in parameter. We have plans on refactoring and improving water effects/material so that they become more convenient to setup.

Anyway, you've pointed a right place in the shader code. You can change the speed just inside the shader, but I would recommend you to do it in the scenes.js module (line 677). After this you will need to recompile the engine if you are not using a debug version. Compilation process is described here. This is a fast operation

Please register or log in to leave a reply.