Forum

Is it possible to animate the scale of a UV texture?

14 June 2016 19:40
I already know how to use the "separate RGB" node with the "mapping" node to animate UV texture movement. Is it also possible to animate UV texture scale?

15 June 2016 12:08

I already know how to use the "separate RGB" node with the "mapping" node to animate UV texture movement. Is it also possible to animate UV texture scale?
Yes, just use Multiply instead of Add in Math node.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
16 June 2016 21:21
Ok, how do I combine the location and scaling into one mapping node?

I tried Math and Mix nodes before the mapping node but no setup seemed to work. I also tried separate mapping nodes for location and scaling and while it did work, the two mapping nodes conflicted in confusing ways (the setup seemed inefficient).

Also, I need a little help understanding why Blend4Web works this way. It seems odd to hide the scaling ability in the "Multiply" setting of the Math node. What if I wanted to Multiply the integer for location so that Y moved exponentially, and not scale anything at all?
16 June 2016 21:25
And another related question while we're on the subject – how would I control UV texture rotation also?
17 June 2016 10:54

Ok, how do I combine the location and scaling into one mapping node?
Like this:

And another related question while we're on the subject – how would I control UV texture rotation also?
You can use a specific node group UV_Rotation in Petigor's Tale game example in petigors_tale/props/bonuses.blend file in potion sign matrial.

Also, I need a little help understanding why Blend4Web works this way. It seems odd to hide the scaling ability in the "Multiply" setting of the Math node.
We based our node material system on the Blender Internal render node system and it's really little odd. In the future we plan to add some features in the blender internal node system to increase it possibilities and comfortable usage.

What if I wanted to Multiply the integer for location so that Y moved exponentially, and not scale anything at all?
You can create your own a mathematical equation for different tasks using math nodes. You can find a lot of information about them in this tutorial series.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.