Forum

Glossy reflections

16 February 2016 13:30
Is is possible to have realtime blurred/glossy reflections in Blend4Web? (Example image attached)

Perhaps it's possible to progressively down sample the existing mirror reflections in blend4web, causing them to look blurred?

Danny Austin,Technical Manager
PIX Set Visions
16 February 2016 16:06

Is is possible to have realtime blurred/glossy reflections in Blend4Web? (Example image attached)

Perhaps it's possible to progressively down sample the existing mirror reflections in blend4web, causing them to look blurred?
For now it's not possible with realtime reflections. But you can prepear several cubemaps for each object, some of them can be blurred some of them not, then you can dynamicaly change from one cube map to another in node material using API, Animation or Logic Nodes.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
19 June 2016 22:12
if there is not a possibility of blurry reflection then I guess there is also no reflection glow possible.

I saw this and it looks cool! how to achieve this in blend4web?

https://sketchfab.com/models/e99bc2b21c334904adae49101dec5475
Visualization expert!
20 June 2016 10:22

I saw this and it looks cool! how to achieve this in blend4web?
You can achieve this effect using special Blend4Web Glow Output node and connect it with specular output from a Material node.
23 June 2016 20:33
I have huge 1 year gap on b4w and trying to catch up again. I tried doing but couldn't. can u share a quick preparation sample?

Thx
Visualization expert!
23 June 2016 20:46
I could manage to glow the normal object but couldn't manage to do same for reflection in plane . check file
Visualization expert!
24 June 2016 10:17

I could manage to glow the normal object but couldn't manage to do same for reflection in plane . check file
I corrected a little your example. For better understanding: you was need to use Extended Material in your node material to get reflection, your Material not reflected at all because of uding simple Material node. So I just connected Color output to Glow input and it began to work.
Here's your exmaple
25 June 2016 12:54
Yeh now got it..! Thx. I didnt know that the 'extended material' under standard input works instead of under 'blend4web' menu.

Thx.
Visualization expert!

Please register or log in to leave a reply.