Forum

Scripts Folder

21 June 2016 15:06
The Installation Documentation / Tutorials advise to point the scripts folder in the file tab of User Preferences to something like /home/USER/blend4web_sdk_pro/. My current setting is C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\

If I change the default scripts folder from what I currently have to that suggested, what will happen to all the add-ons I have installed recently.

I am concerned that if I change the default folder from what it is now, it will affect other useful add-ons.

Could someone advise please.

Thanks

RichardC
22 June 2016 10:31
Hello! And welcome to our forum!

First of all, I guess that your current path has no effect because the right path should point to the "scripts" directory (not "addons").
"Scripts" field is just additional source for addons and other scripts. And addons are installing into C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\ regardless what your Scripts field contains.
Most important is do not have conflicts between "installed from file" addon and SDK. For installing of SDK, first, you should remove the addon.
Alexander (Blend4Web Team)
twitter
22 June 2016 12:01
Thanks Alexander. I installed as per instructions and all is well.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.