Forum

ENVIRONMENT LIGHTING PROBLEM

27 July 2016 16:53
Hi,
i'm new in this forum and in blend4web.
I'm trying to use environment lighting, but the sphere (in the attached example), though the material has not reflection, in the sphere appears the environment. Why?

Thanks….
27 July 2016 17:06
I'm trying to use environment lighting, but the sphere (in the attached example), though the material has not reflection, in the sphere appears the environment. Why?
You need also to set Reflectivity on you material, now it set to 0. Then check Reflect World in World setup of World panel preferences. Environment lighting isn't reflected, it just light all scene using colors of a map, to get good looking effect of environment lighting use blurred environment maps.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
27 July 2016 18:47
Ok,thanks!
But…Why when i insert Environment lighting, on the sphere appear the Environment although it hasn't reflection activated?
28 July 2016 10:20
But…Why when i insert Environment lighting, on the sphere appear the Environment although it hasn't reflection activated?
As I sad before it's not a reflection it's just projection of Environment map to an object, so it's an emitation of Enironment lighting that just project color from texture to object with Add method to light objects a little. For this you need to use more bluerred map. Read about it in the documentation.
28 July 2016 12:27
Ok, Perfect!
Now I understand.

Thanks a lot!
28 July 2016 23:19
Excuse me.
i try with blurred map for environment lighting, but anyway i see the edge of the cubemap. Is there a way for limited the edge visibility?
(example html attached)

Thanks!
29 July 2016 10:15
i try with blurred map for environment lighting, but anyway i see the edge of the cubemap. Is there a way for limited the edge visibility?
(example html attached)
This cubemap baked not correctly. As I can gues you just blurred alredy axisting cubemap - it wont work. You need to blur the image before you bake it to cubemap, then bake it and it will be ok.
02 August 2016 16:20
Ok, Thanks!

I will try, though i followed a tutorial to create a cubemaps in cycles!

Have you a tutorial or a example i can follow?

Thanks!
02 August 2016 17:17
Have you a tutorial or a example i can follow?
Cubemap Baking. There's a lot of another helpful tutorial on our youtube channel.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.