Forum

A doubt about material library

05 August 2016 12:21
Hi:
I've been working with the material library and it is very good for the transparent and metal materials but I have experienced two problems. One, when I export the scene the whole material library goes into the deployed app in the rar, then the rar is 30+ mb big. How can I export the scene with just the materials I use? I have tried to do it manually looking for the files that go with the materials but I got completely lost. Specially the glass, I can't get how it's done. Metal seems easier as it is a reflection map if I remember well. Can someone give me a hint to know what I have to keep in the deploy?

The other thing is that when I exported the scene to github page in here if you see it becomes super lightened. I don't know why is this, in all the other steps, fast preview, dev file and compiled file the lightning was ok.

Well, that are my problems, any help will be welcome.
05 August 2016 15:32
One, when I export the scene the whole material library goes into the deployed app in the rar, then the rar is 30+ mb big. How can I export the scene with just the materials I use?
You can copy only needed material to your repository and use it form there. For now it's only awailable method, but in the future we plan to do something with it.

The other thing is that when I exported the scene to github page in here if you see it becomes super lightened. I don't know why is this, in all the other steps, fast preview, dev file and compiled file the lightning was ok.
If you open browser console you can see that application lost some textures, thats why it's to light.

How can I export the scene with just the materials I use? I have tried to do it manually looking for the files that go with the materials but I got completely lost. Specially the glass, I can't get how it's done.
It's very simple material. it have two main aprts: reflection with cubemap and transparency by fresnel effect, they jsut mix together in some way. Have you looked into the group in the center of the material closely?
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
10 August 2016 17:41
Hello guys,
I feel that it is essential to be a part of any such forum so that it can make your problems eliminate from your life with the help of other. I found this post very helpful and informative. thanx a lot for sharing this:-)

Please register or log in to leave a reply.