Forum

Reflections tutorial

05 August 2016 13:22
Is there any reflections tutorial available? I am stucked with a simple reflection and I don't get what I'm missing. I have a planar object set to reflective type plane the show reflection activated and have other object set to reflexible and I have the reflections on in the render panel and still nothing happens.
Any help?
05 August 2016 14:35
Make sure you didn't switch to the low quality mode. If nothing helps, attach here your blend, we'll take a look.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
05 August 2016 15:22
Is there any reflections tutorial available? I am stucked with a simple reflection and I don't get what I'm missing. I have a planar object set to reflective type plane the show reflection activated and have other object set to reflexible and I have the reflections on in the render panel and still nothing happens.
Have you set reflectivity in Material parameters to 1?
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
06 August 2016 01:18
Hi:
I've been taking another look on it and I've made another little scene with a couple of cubes and a plane and everything works ok. The setup of the reflective objects is the same in the other scene. Maybe it has something to do with the system resources as the big scene is rather overloaded. I'm going to take a look at the system quality levels to see if it is the system that is cutting the quality or something like that…
07 August 2016 22:58
Well, I have been taking a look at the api to learn a little more about config. I´ve learned that there are several modules that have something to do with config: module config, module app, even scenes module seem to have something to do with config. But I came up with some questions:

· Why some of the settings in the config module fail to be accessed and response with an error:
B4W ERROR: Unknown config property: max_fps print.js:74:5
B4W ERROR: Unknown config property: shadows print.js:74:5
B4W ERROR: Unknown config property: reflections print.js:74:5

This is both setting them in the app init setting array and by passing them through set(var, value).

. Other thing I don't understand is the way the engine adjust the quality modes, I have adjust some settings using the
quality: m_cfg.P_CUSTOM
variable in app init but reflections still don't show.

Can someone explain some of these things?

Please register or log in to leave a reply.