Forum

Project Manager Problem

26 August 2016 17:46
In the Project Manager, after filling in the options , I hit the Create Project button at the bottom and get only a blank Page, (see attachment). A similar thing happens if I try to export a project (like a stock project). I have Java on the path if that makes any difference. Running Win 10.

I should also add that no new files show up in C:\blend4web\apps_dev
26 August 2016 19:30
Hi, Will. Unfortunately we cannot reproduce this bug on 16.07 and 16.08 DP. Which version are you using?
Also, is there a specific combination of options on the "Create Project" stage that leads to this error?

I suppose that you run the development server from Blender as usual. If so, you can check possible errors in the Blender's console (Window->Toggle System Console). This should give us insight into the problem.
27 August 2016 03:36
Ya, the server is running, here is a quick video of the process:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t84odt5msybv6j5/bug.mp4?dl=0

I have tried it on a different PC with all the same parameters and it works fine. I probably have something tangled up on the machine. I will try removing the addon in preferences and putting it back.
27 August 2016 07:46
I removed the addon from User Preferences/Addons. Once I did that I could no longer get the Blend4web addon to appear in the User Prefrences/Addon menu. User Preferences/File/Scripts is set to the SDK.
I have deleted blender preferences from User/appdata/roaming/blender. Reinstalled Blender and restored Blend4web SDK from back up zip file. Still can't get the Blend4web addon to show up in User Preferences/Addons. I must be missing something.
Can you think of any other files I can wipe to get things back to default?
27 August 2016 09:03
I recall similar problem with Win 10: link
Cannot it be this?

EDIT Another idea - you have Java installed on your machine but Java is included in the SDK on Windows. Maybe conflict here?
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
27 August 2016 10:13
Thanks Yuri,
I will keep working on it and post my results. It is something to do with my PC as all the same programs work fine on my other PC.
29 August 2016 11:35
I removed the addon from User Preferences/Addons. Once I did that I could no longer get the Blend4web addon to appear in the User Prefrences/Addon menu.
This is because Blender deletes addon files when you press "Remove". It's normal if an addon was installed from a zip file, but in case of "Preferences/File/Scripts" variant this operation is destructive and you need to restore the original files.

I have deleted blender preferences from User/appdata/roaming/blender. Reinstalled Blender and restored Blend4web SDK from back up zip file. Still can't get the Blend4web addon to show up in User Preferences/Addons. I must be missing something.
Can you think of any other files I can wipe to get things back to default?
This is strange, everything should work. Did you follow these installation instructions? Also to make sure that the SDK isn't corrupted: are there addon files (like __init__.py) in the SDK/addons/blend4web folder?
29 August 2016 18:10
I use multiple drives. I put the SDK on a different drive and everything is fine now. Some kind of ghost in the machine.
30 August 2016 10:38
I use multiple drives. I put the SDK on a different drive and everything is fine now. Some kind of ghost in the machine.
aha, this can be the reason of all the problems. we'll investigate this case in more detail, thank you!

Please register or log in to leave a reply.