Forum

Node Editor - Multiplicative Color Blending

05 September 2016 18:03
Hello,
I need a shader with multiplicative color blending instead of alpha or additive one. The method of adding colors by setting the alpha nearly to 0 and increasing the RGB values drastically works fine but is there a way to achieve a multiplicative color blending like in the middle picture below?
Thanks in advance.

05 September 2016 18:13
Hello,
I need a shader with multiplicative color blending instead of alpha or additive one. The method of adding colors by setting the alpha nearly to 0 and increasing the RGB values drastically works fine but is there a way to achieve a multiplicative color blending like in the middle picture below?
Thanks in advance.
What kind of data you want to multiply or add to the shader? Environment of the scene beyond the shader? I mean you want to multiply this shader over obects that beyond object with this shader?
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
07 September 2016 12:32
That's right. I want to multiply an object like tinted foil or glass. Using alpha blending isn't the right method since you lose color intensity by decreasing the opacity. Full intense red for example is only possible at full opacity but it's an opaque object then.
07 September 2016 14:55
That's right. I want to multiply an object like tinted foil or glass. Using alpha blending isn't the right method since you lose color intensity by decreasing the opacity. Full intense red for example is only possible at full opacity but it's an opaque object then.
Ok, you can use B4W Refraction node but with refraction factor set to 0 and mix it with any you want in any tape of mixing you want event overlay and others. I prepeared for you an exmple with this setup. But there's just one disadvantage of this methot, all objects behind must be opaque, otherwise they will not render throu the shader with the refraction.
color_mixing_example.blend
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
13 September 2016 15:10
Thanks a lot, that works like a charm. It's also perfect, that this blending can be used with additive blending at once :).

Please register or log in to leave a reply.