Forum

Blend4Web 16.09 Early Developer Preview

23 September 2016 18:59
Blend4Web 16.09 Developer Preview is available. In the upcoming release:
  • new coordinate space consistent with Blender (Z up)
  • significant GPU optimizations
  • tools for checking and fixing modules in the Project Manager

The stable release is scheduled at the end of the next week.

For the list of new features see the release notes inside the SDK builds.
26 September 2016 12:45
They could put the reademe here, not having to download 1.3GB only to read the readme.txt… Thanks.
26 September 2016 13:13
v16.09
New Features
Project Manager improvements.

Added the new update_modules command to the project.py utility. This command allows users to update modules in the project.
Automatic quality determination.

By specifying AUTO (P_AUTO) quality profile in the app module you can load your app in LOW or HIGH quality depending on your hardware specs. Also low-level performance benchmark can be executed using test_performance method.
Changes
The system for assigning shader’s directives was refactored. This will allow to reduce engine’s loading time and simplifies debugging.
Rendering of the anchors was speeded up on some devices through using the “translate3d” CSS property.
Fixes
Fixed the bug in the Samsung Internet browser when it hung if there was many anchors in a scene.
Fixed Web Player “alpha” attribute, which didn’t work.
26 September 2016 14:23
Release notes are not official yet, and are subject to various modifications (as well as developer preview builds themselves). That's why we have not published them yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.
26 September 2016 18:46
I've installed on Blender 2.78RC2… But what happened to the 16.09-Pre in the download page? I don't see the link … it has disappeared… I need to delete what I have already installed?

Francesco Sorrentino

http://www.google.com/profiles/zeirus
26 September 2016 19:00
Hi!
But what happened to the 16.09-Pre in the download page? I don't see the link … it has disappeared…
Should be in place. May be you logged out? (it is only for registered users)
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
27 September 2016 11:00
Should be in place. May be you logged out? (it is only for registered users)

Hi Yuri! :)

You're right. I was not logged in…

Francesco Sorrentino

http://www.google.com/profiles/zeirus

Please register or log in to leave a reply.