Forum

Retro Car Contest, discussion

05 November 2016 15:11
Reply to post of user ksniezek
Can I use this sound in my entry??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOeY-nDp7hI

This license does not give you permission to do the following:

You cannot re-upload our music to YouTube without adding your own creative content.
You cannot claim our music as your own.
You cannot use our music in any project outside of YouTube without the express permission of NoCopyrightSounds.
You cannot sell our music.

link
07 November 2016 11:00
Entries will be closed tomorrow (November,8th) around 13:00 Moscow time!
08 November 2016 11:51
So, we are heading into the homestretch!

IMPORTANT

Dear friends, we have a request: the next post will contain an example of structuring a final post correctly, along with all explanations. Then we will create a video example of making such post (I will try to do it, at least). Please give a consideration to it and structure or restructure your posts in the right way. You still have more than a hour to do it.

Why we are doing this? Because, sadly, not all of the contestants do structure their posts according to the rules. Many are simply ignoring them for the third contest in a row. And why these rules were implemented in the first place? The answer is simple: because without them, it is not convenient to evaluate the entries, especially for the guest jury.

So I would like to elaborate how exactly it should look. The future contests will contain such an example in the first post.

If the post is not structured according to the rules, it will result in a small forfeit, at maximum it will be a subtraction of one point from the Technical Side rating. Yet this still might be important, so we ask all of you to give a careful consideration to this message. The jury will also be grateful to you.
08 November 2016 11:52
The name of your work - optional. If you want you can make it bold or just leave it be - or even not mention the name at all.

Here or below the screenshot, or in the both places, feel free to write whatever you want about your work. Again, it is not necessary, just sometimes you want to add some story or description - feel free to do that!

As you can see, next goes the screenshot of your scene. It is attached to the forum post, not uploaded to some imagehosts - which will spam you with ad if you'll try to look at the original.

Link to the scene/app
Link to source file/s

Please notice that the link to the scene is alive - and by that either it downloads html, or it opens your app in the new tab. It's not linked to something like dropbox.

If you have an app or you placed your .html file on your server so it has its own link - just link it to it! So it will open an app in the new tab.
And only if you can't attach an .html file to the post (it is above 30mb), you can use side hostings.

On the other hand, source files can be uploaded to side hostings like Dropbox. Just please check that your .blends have relative paths and pack your files into zip archives beforehand! Or, if it is a single .blend file, you can just attach it to the post as well without packing.
08 November 2016 13:06
gandalf3, your link is broken, please fix it, or we won't be able to see your work!
08 November 2016 16:02
MAZ-ZILLA please check your source files, in .blends most of the textures are missing. I think the paths are broken. Maybe try making relative paths?
08 November 2016 17:41
Reply to post of user Pavel Kotov
MAZ-ZILLA please check your source files, in .blends most of the textures are missing. I think the paths are broken. Maybe try making relative paths?

Ok. I've updated the post adding a link to the .blend file with packed images
Blend4web rocks!
www.maz-zilla.com
08 November 2016 18:42
Now I 'd like to compliment the blend4web staff for making such a great software. It's very intuitive and easy to start to use. Well I'm still struggling with logic nodes and materials but It has a great potential having seen all the stuff posted in the website, wow!!

I've started to learn B4B near a month ago and Blender a little bit before. So, I' m still a noob and there are a lot of things I have to understand. This contest was excuse to try to do something interesting and share it. I will continue the development of the car and share its progress. I try to do all by myself just reading the tutorials and the posts over here, but the result still have bugs.

So I would like to ask some questions about my project:

- I tried to drive the animation of the car doors with the logic nodes with chaotic results, so I decided to do it with the API, disabling the logic nodes: same problem.
Besides, on mobile(tried on Ipad2 and Iphone4) the door doesn't close at all.. This maybe ,because I've generated a f…heavy output file. In the blend file there is still the logic node disabled.
Could someone please check it and tell me the right way of doing it. Most of the times in my attempts the variables get confused. So clicking one door opens the other, clicking the other closes both etc
Using the API I decided to bake some actions and play them with slots. Got the same messy confusion. There is something that I missed somewhere

-I've implemented the vehicle physics. If the car hits the invisible walls, sometimes it turns upside down. How I can reset the position of it. I've tried to disable its physic properties (api:disable_simulation(obj)) and re-enable it with funky results. The module transform doesn't work until the object has physics.

-a strange thing that happens whenever I add an armature to an object. All the modifiers (mirror, subsurf) are not exported any more, at least I check the "apply modifiers" flag in the "export panel" but the armature's animation won't work, or I apply them via blender. That happened to other files I'm working on.

blend(packed-img) zip: http://www.maz-zilla.com/shelbygt500_pack/shelbyMGT500.blend.zip

Thanks in advance to everybody
Blend4web rocks!
www.maz-zilla.com
08 November 2016 22:46
please check it and tell me the right way of doing it
Hi!

Im downloaded your file, I saw you try everything but miss the right way The magic word is NLA!
B4W is really easy to use if you check the powerful documentation. Tomorrow I clean up your file, and make an animation to the left door, and write a step by step guide how you can make the same with the right door.

If you can understand what you make and why you make it in that way, you can easily make complex animated scenes with NLA. Using armature not bad either, but - i think - nla is better for that.

Tomi
09 November 2016 17:12
Hi Tomi,
thank you for the nla advice. I haven't explored it yet and I will watch the video tutorials about nla.
I'm still curious about logic nodes solution or even scripted.

By the way very nice car project you made for the contest. I will look how you did the nla animations.
Blend4web rocks!
www.maz-zilla.com

Please register or log in to leave a reply.