Forum

Save scene status is possible?

19 November 2016 13:54
Hi guys!

Is it possible to save the scene status to a file for later reload?.

Example in three.js:
http://furnishup.github.io/blueprint3d/example/

Thanks.
19 November 2016 19:56
Hi!
Of course, this can be done. But this functionality is not really related to Blend4Web itself. The example above also just uses a custom format to remember transformations of particular objects.

Say, you've placed a chair to a position with coordinates: X: 12.5, Y: 10, Z: 0.
When you press the "Save" button you need to get its position with corresponding API and write it to a text file which can be later used to restore the state.
It might look like this:
"Chair: Position: [12.5, 10, 0]"
You can use this information and assign this transformation to the Chair object with this method.
21 November 2016 16:17
Reply to post of user Evgeny Rodygin
Hi!
Of course, this can be done. But this functionality is not really related to Blend4Web itself. The example above also just uses a custom format to remember transformations of particular objects.

Say, you've placed a chair to a position with coordinates: X: 12.5, Y: 10, Z: 0.
When you press the "Save" button you need to get its position with corresponding API and write it to a text file which can be later used to restore the state.
It might look like this:
"Chair: Position: [12.5, 10, 0]"
You can use this information and assign this transformation to the Chair object with this method.
Thanks.
30 January 2018 19:50
Hi,
can textures be saved also?
30 January 2018 20:08
Hi everybody

I am facing almost the same request.
To be concrete: i ve made this little app where (till now) the only possibility to "save" the configuration is to make an image screenshot of it.

I found the idea of "save" and "load" from the app in the first post above quite good, but in my case I would like that the 3d model I've set up can be call thru a URL Link ? To keep the communication easier when fowarding the online visualisation.

I am still begining with js programming and I guess that files have to be save on the app server if I want to make a configuration callable thru a simple URL link. I wondering also if there is any possibility to save also the uploaded textures (which I call "branding", in my app) in the same file with the configuration parameters on the server, and not separate.

What I am also wondering about the "save" and "load" solution (first post above) is if it is safe? Regarding code injection?
I guess the app is running in the webbrowser localy, so that shouldn't be a problem, but I am not sure.

Thank you in advance for your advices !
www.mo-systeme.com

Please register or log in to leave a reply.