Forum

Development Roadmap for 2015

21 January 2015 04:53

Ответ на сообщение пользователя Yuri Kovelenov
Absolutely! Thanks for suggesting this.
That's great, will be very helpful

Also would like to add that if your went down the road of setting Blend4Web as if it was a render engine, it would allow to declutter the UI by only showing Blend4Web related options for materials and objects, hiding any unsupported features or redundant ones, and rearrange them in a more flexible manner.
This could eliminate the need to constantly jump around render engines, for changing transparency blending options (in BGE) or everything else in BI, and eventually set the viewport to the correct "mode" to support displaying of material and texture previews as closely to the web version as possible.
One could even have several scenes on the same blendfile set for different purposes, like say one scene for baking textures with cycles as default and render engine (this one would be automatically discarded for export) , and another with Blend4Web ready to export.
22 January 2015 17:21
You would still export from the export menu, or if you were feeling really original instead of having a render button you would just have an "export" button which would actually just create the HTML or corresponding JSON file instead, this could respect the "output" field like other renderers do, allowing a quick explicit way to re-export to the same file. At the most this could call the default system browser on the created file if the user intended so.
Interesting idea!
eventually set the viewport to the correct "mode" to support displaying of material and texture previews as closely to the web version as possible.
Yes, that would be helpful.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
26 January 2015 03:24
I like Duarte's idea of making a Blend4web specific "mode"; to help eliminate cumbersome options and tools which do not apply or are unsupported for blend4web output. There could even be specific tooltips regarding which items or options work together to create desired effects.

Also, I recall in another forum topic I mentioned constraints. The response was that they are not supported at this time; but that armatures are. I think many people coming from a mechanical or architectural background; already have a good deal of experience using simple constraints. They work quite well for simple maechanical systems, such as a rudder on a wing, etc. Armatures are powerful and would seem a bit overkill for most mechanical animating.

I hope that supporting blender constraints is in consideration for future development.
26 January 2015 12:53
I like Duarte's idea of making a Blend4web specific "mode"; to help eliminate cumbersome options and tools which do not apply or are unsupported for blend4web output. There could even be specific tooltips regarding which items or options work together to create desired effects.
This mode is our top priority to implement.

Also, I recall in another forum topic I mentioned constraints. The response was that they are not supported at this time; but that armatures are. I think many people coming from a mechanical or architectural background; already have a good deal of experience using simple constraints. They work quite well for simple maechanical systems, such as a rudder on a wing, etc. Armatures are powerful and would seem a bit overkill for most mechanical animating.
That was me answering in this thread. Thanks for suggesting this! The constraints topic is related to inverse kinematics task which is in our roadmap. It is rather advanced functionality to be implemented quickly, but will greatly simplify the authoring.
27 January 2015 01:01
Thanks, I understand that the constraints would likely be something further down the pipeline; but I just wanted to make sure that you saw the value in including it in the roadmap. Please pardon my sometimes limited view as a designer verses a developer, though I hope that my feedback is helpful for the bigger picture; and that more people can more easily work with your software.
13 February 2015 17:45
Guys, what about html elements? Radios checkboxes text input… Javascript and html go hand in hand. I believe it is vital for developing web apps, as well as a new form of webdesign it would blow blend4web out the water.
14 February 2015 13:24
Ответ на сообщение пользователя smokedawg
Guys, what about html elements? Radios checkboxes text input… Javascript and html go hand in hand. I believe it is vital for developing web apps, as well as a new form of webdesign it would blow blend4web out the water.
Yes the idea is very promising
19 February 2015 16:35
Maybe be a bit more broad here and fully support all curve object types instead, and do the same automatic conversion to mesh whenever possible?

The upcoming 15.02 release will include support for curves, surfaces and metaballs.
19 February 2015 16:40
You would still export from the export menu, or if you were feeling really original instead of having a render button you would just have an "export" button which would actually just create the HTML or corresponding JSON file instead, this could respect the "output" field like other renderers do, allowing a quick explicit way to re-export to the same file. At the most this could call the default system browser on the created file if the user intended so. [smiling-sunglasses]

The upcoming 15.02 release will feature a development server. You will able to automatically open exported scenes in your default browser.
20 February 2015 00:17
Cool new features, thanks for letting us know.
Can't wait to play with the new version

Please register or log in to leave a reply.