Forum

Some physics in a first-person view

12 February 2015 11:35
We decided to make a short tutorial on creation of a first-person application by popular demand .
Link to a lesson
Here, we develop a simple control system and consider the physics setup for dynamic and static objects. Such application can serve as a nice start for your future game masterpiece!

If you are interested in this topic and want us to consider something else related to the first-person applications feel free to ask questions and leave your comments in this thread.
13 February 2015 06:50
Very Nice! It's great to see so much dedication to the users.

Related to 1st person and games in general, any plans on what the next game tutorials will be about? We have seen an FPS style game as well as a 3D platformer can be done, what's next? Or are there certain game mechanics we can hope to see up next?
13 February 2015 10:36
Glad, you liked it!

First we'll publish some more articles about the Pyatigor's Tale. They are already ready and just need a translation.

Also we have some plans on further development of this basic application. We've discussed a possible gameplay and found it can be some kind of FPS with strategy elements and even a bit of RPG. But you can always suggest a topic and it's up to our users what will be next.
15 February 2015 14:36
The tutorial is great, but I have a note to do: The rotation above/below of the view (Y mouse axis?) should be "locked" with an angle of less than 180 °, otherwise the views can rotate 360 °, giving the impression of doing "cartwheels"… a sort of strange loop!

Francesco Sorrentino

http://www.google.com/profiles/zeirus
15 February 2015 15:36
The tutorial is great, but I have a note to do: The rotation above/below of the view (Y mouse axis?) should be "locked" with an angle of less than 180 °, otherwise the views can rotate 360 °, giving the impression of doing "cartwheels"… a sort of strange loop!
Agree with you. This is our little mistake.
Will be corrected tomorrow. Thanks!
16 February 2015 12:20

Agree with you. This is our little mistake.
Will be corrected tomorrow. Thanks!

Evgeny, yours is a great job! As users of Blend4Web, we all thank you!

Francesco Sorrentino

http://www.google.com/profiles/zeirus
16 February 2015 12:59
Evgeny, yours is a great job! As users of Blend4Web, we all thank you!
Made the corrections and edited the tutorial. The hint is to use the EYE camera type with the Use Vertical Rotation Clamping flag being on.
16 May 2015 20:56
I will make use of this, now that I have found it! The example does not allow look control in IE, but all seems to work fine in FF and Chrome.
16 May 2015 21:08
Reply to post of user trepaning
I will make use of this, now that I have found it! The example does not allow look control in IE, but all seems to work fine in FF and Chrome.
Yes. Sadly, Microsoft hasn't supported pointerlock yet.
17 May 2015 12:41
Hey!
Interesting ….! :)
Visualization expert!

Please register or log in to leave a reply.