Forum

Error when loading / unloading objects with multiple NLA-strips

18 November 2016 15:29
Hi,

following the discussions and examples on loading / unloading objects on the forum I did some tests for our application until I encountered this error:
B4W ERROR: Unsupported object: "Armature_1" or animation uuid: "04b2863eea3de92bbca079a2dfc7758f"

I'm using objects with a simple rig, animated with NLA. As soon as more than one NLA strip is used for the rig the error appears when unloading this scene and loading a new one. (Like the animation from the first rig didn't unload).

Allthough the error appears, the animations still run as intended. Am I doing something wrong (or at least something that blend4web wasn't intended for) or is this maybe a bug?

Please see the attached example.

One second thing:
I noticed that the list of loaded objects gets one more "%meta_world%World" with each load / unload. Is this the expected behavior?

Thank you,
Thomas
Thomas Fabini
IM|S Intelligent Media Systems AG
18 November 2016 18:00
Hello.

Seems it's a bug. We are going to fix this issue to the upcoming release. It will be available next week.
This is a harmless issue. Please, don't pay attention to the console errors.
Thanks
18 November 2016 18:43
Hi Roman,

thank you very much for your fast reply - you answered also the question I forgot to ask - if I can safely ignore the error message without running into problems. I'm looking also forward to the upcoming release.

Thanks again,
have a nice weekend,
Thomas
Thomas Fabini
18 November 2016 18:53
have a nice weekend

Thanks, you too!
02 December 2016 14:55
Hi Roman,

thanks for solving the NLA / loading issue in 16.11.
Today i tested my current project with the new version and ran into some texture-related issues, which I was able to reproduce in a test file.

Maybe you can help sort these problems out:
When loading the second object, a viewport-sized texture is displayed instead of the object ( see attached file) and some texture-related WebGL errors appear in the console. Tested in FF48.

Some other thing driving me crazy lately (which occures in 16.10, too ) is about some WebGL Errors Firefox is displaying:

Error: WebGL: texImage2D: Uploading ArrayBuffers with FLIP_Y or PREMULTIPLY_ALPHA is slow.
b4w.min.js (row 577, column 124) - and - (row 578, column 496)

Is there something I am doing wrong with the type of textures / settings for textures I'm using?

Thank you for your support,
Thomas
Thomas Fabini
02 December 2016 16:13
Hello Thomas,

Thanks for the feedback.

Error: WebGL: texImage2D: Uploading ArrayBuffers with FLIP_Y or PREMULTIPLY_ALPHA is slow.
b4w.min.js (row 577, column 124) - and - (row 578, column 496)

I think, it's not serious. We use images as byte arrays in some places, and FireFox tells us, that we should flip these byte arrays around X axis manually.

We've updated textures loading and caching this month. I'm going look into your files. I let you know as soon as posible. Thanks again!

Best regards
02 December 2016 19:11
Hi Roman,

Thank you for your feedback on those issues and for keeping me posted.

Have a nice weekend (again ),

Thomas
Thomas Fabini
09 December 2016 16:34
When loading the second object, a viewport-sized texture is displayed instead of the object ( see attached file) and some texture-related WebGL errors appear in the console. Tested in FF48.

Hello Thomas,

I've tested the attached scene and noticed, that there was a bug with textures. The fix will be available to the next release (end of this month).

Thanks
16 December 2016 18:48
Hi Roman,

I've ended up choosing an approach where all required data is loaded at the beginning. After checking out larger example scenes from the SDK I've realized this was possible and even might be beneficial. (Regarding the total of data to load and smooth transitions). This is why I stopped researching on the loading side and built up a more complex scene with linked assets and all required animations.

Nevertheless, this decision was based on usability reasons not technical ones. I'm really glad you keep adding such great features and fixing issues. I'm still amazed by the performance and features of blend4web. It's a great tool.

I'll be on vacation for some weeks, out of office, but I'll still be watching closely what you guys are up to, in the meantime.

Kind regards,
Thomas
Thomas Fabini

Please register or log in to leave a reply.