Forum

SOLVED - Text Oject + Billboard + Animation

25 February 2015 23:19
Hi,
I am struggling to get the desired effect:
I want to have a text object (not converted to mesh), with a billboard behavior, making it facing the camera at all time, and a scale animation (from 0.001 to 1 in 2 or 3 frames), triggered by a click on an interface button…
I manage to create my HTML button, make it call an animation trigger function, but I cannot have the billboard effect and the scale animation at the same time…
Maybe I do something wrong, or do I miss something?
Perhaps there is a simplier way to do it by controlling the visibility of the object on the scene? I cannot find a function for this in the API…
Thanks for your help!
David Duperron
STAT Marine - www.stat-marine.com
26 February 2015 12:29
Ok, my mistake… I did not update the engine files in my project architecture, and was trying to run .json from the latest engine version (15.02) with engine files from the previous (15.01)…
Now everything works as expected! Text Objects, Billboards, animations, everything runs smoothly!
Thanks very much for your work!

David
David Duperron
26 February 2015 12:35
Okay David, we were in process of figuring out where is the bug.. Nice to hear everything works for you!
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
26 February 2015 13:03
Sorry for that! The thing that confused me was that my tries with the text+Billboard+Animation were working fine with the HTML export, and not with the .json + web app… I will be more careful next time!
David Duperron

Please register or log in to leave a reply.