Forum

Canvas texture with text and transparent background

17 February 2017 14:13
Hello everybody!
I'm tying to customize a mesh in a Blend4Web exported scene, but I'm having some issues with a transparent background canvas.
Following the code snippets I was able to set the texture of a mesh as a canvas. Everything works well for opaque textures.
Now, I should add some custom text to a mesh. For this reason I duplicated some faces a moved them away a little bit from the original mesh, to avoid z-fighting issues.
The problem is that when I set the canvas texture with a transparent canvas with some text on it, the mesh show only a black surface. If I add a background to the canvas, I see the texture, correctly mapped, but I loose the effect that I need: add a text to a surface.

Do you have any advice? I tried also to set a double material on the mesh, the material shared with the original mesh and one with the canvas texture…without success. The result is the same: black surface.

I'm new to this field and maybe I'm loosing something obvious…
17 February 2017 16:19
Update, for the posterity ;).
I resolved the issue. It was a problem of the material in Blender.

In the material tab i had to switch on the "Show transparency" checkbox and set the alpha to 0.
In the influence settings (under the textures tab) i had to switch on "alpha" and set it to 1.
20 February 2017 16:43
Hi, welcome to the forums! Glad that you could resolve the issue.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin

Please register or log in to leave a reply.