Forum

How to apply both vertex animation and armature animation for one model

21 February 2017 17:34
Hi,I made the vertex animation and armature animation for one model and exported it in json files, but when I load it in my js web, there is a error.
"B4W EXPORT ERROR: The "TDA Miku_mesh" object has the "Armature" armature modifier and a vertex animation. Modifier removed."

And in the user manual, "The NAME object has both vertex animation and an armature modifier which is not supported. As a result, the modifier has been removed."
is telled.

Then, how to apply both the vertex and armature animation? Is there another way to make it.

Look forword to your replay.
21 February 2017 18:57
Then, how to apply both the vertex and armature animation? Is there another way to make it.
Vertex and armature animation can't be exported on the same mesh, but instead of vertex animation you can use Shape Keys and activate them using API or Blend4Web Logic Node System.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
22 February 2017 04:57
Vertex and armature animation can't be exported on the same mesh, but instead of vertex animation you can use Shape Keys and activate them using API or Blend4Web Logic Node System.
Yes, I tried the API and Blend4Web Logic Node System. For the Logic node system, the animation can be played well. For the Shape keys API, I tried the delay function to control the shape keys gradually change with time, but the shape keys didn't change gradually but jump to the final value, then the animation couldn't be played well.
22 February 2017 10:18
Hello berdon,

You can create timeline and elapsed sensors and interpolate the shape key value every frame (from start value to finish one). Take a look please at this demo, it uses these sensors for procedural camera animation.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.