Forum

Camera Oddities (Why do things disappear when I zoom?)

22 February 2017 08:06
Hello Blend4Web Community,

I have a real newbie question as regards how the camera behaves when a scene is exported in either the JSON or HTML format. It seems that if I zoom out to a certain distance, my objects just disappear from the scene, as if they're being occluded by a shadow. This doesn't happen consistently across objects, however.]

Another issue: What does Blend4Web do to the camera position during export. In Blender I've set my camera (using lock camera to view) to a very specific perspective that subsequently changes when I export the scene.

My thanks in advance for any clarification!
22 February 2017 10:23
Hi!

It seems that if I zoom out to a certain distance, my objects just disappear from the scene
I guess that it's camera clipping. Try to change Clipping End value in camera preferences fro 100 to 1000 for example.

Another issue: What does Blend4Web do to the camera position during export. In Blender I've set my camera (using lock camera to view) to a very specific perspective that subsequently changes when I export the scene.
It's common newbie question. You use Target camera that always look at the specific point, you can't see it because it's only the engine function that applyed to the scene after you exported it. You can check how it will looks like in the engine by clicking on "Look At the Cursor" button in the camera preferenses or chanche camera type from Target to Eye or Static.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
22 February 2017 20:34
Thank you for your rapid and detailed response. It seems these are precisely some of the adjustments I was looking for.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.