Forum

Customizable text

01 March 2017 14:45
Hello guys, first of all, as a ne member here, I have to salute everyone.
I am a very newbie to blend4web, my question is, is it possible to use it to make an interactive cutomizable text that will have a boolean operation applied to it, and maybe combined with a box, and will have a color change option, if yes just direct me to where exactly I have to go to learn how to do it, thank you
02 March 2017 11:16
Hi! Welcome to the forum!

is it possible to use it to make an interactive cutomizable text that will have a boolean operation applied to it, and maybe combined with a box, and will have a color change option
This depends on what concrete interactivity/customization you want. If you want to create a custom text in runtime, then there's no easy way to do it, only workarounds/dirty tricks, because we don't have an API for generating text objects - they should be created in Blender beforehand. The same is for the Boolean modifier - it can be applied only in Blender, but not in runtime (in fact the API has some methods for low-level geometry modifying, but it's not a simple task). On the other hand, changing the color is a trivial operation and can be easily done via various material API methods. You can learn more here: Material API and here: material.js.
02 March 2017 17:22
Thank you very much
08 March 2017 12:44
Hi, is it possible to make the webplayer in a CSS frame
09 March 2017 10:28
Hi! You can use the <iframe> HTML element to insert a webplayer app into another page:

<iframe width="800" height="500" allowfullscreen src="/myproject/webplayer.html?load=/projects/myproject/myproject.json"></iframe>
09 March 2017 12:26
thank you, I know about iframes, i wanted to know how to show it with css frames
10 March 2017 19:06
So, do you want to customize the webplayer itself and change its layout and css rules? Then, you'll have to modify the source files, and rebuild the webplayer app. There was already a topic about it: link

Please register or log in to leave a reply.