input unit

11 March 2017 16:00
Hi everyone, sorry about my english. I'm very new here and i would like to say a great thx for the blender crew especially for the blend4web crew. You all have done a big job here and i hope you will go on .
But now to my question.
I try to build a input unit with an passcode only with node editor. For an example i build a short blender file to show you what i mean. The right number for the code is 232. At the moment there are only three buttons on the unit and i have a lot of nodes already. If i would do it with ten buttons then are much more nodes required. Is there a solution to do it much shorter?

keypass.blend
13 March 2017 17:18
Hi everyone, sorry about my english. I'm very new here and i would like to say a great thx for the blender crew especially for the blend4web crew. You all have done a big job here and i hope you will go on .
But now to my question.
I try to build a input unit with an passcode only with node editor. For an example i build a short blender file to show you what i mean. The right number for the code is 232. At the moment there are only three buttons on the unit and i have a lot of nodes already. If i would do it with ten buttons then are much more nodes required. Is there a solution to do it much shorter?
Hello and welcome to our forum!

Your task is not trivial to solve using fewer nodes mainly cause of possibility to re-enter the same digit several times.
But I think it is possible to make your node tree easily scalable. I'll report you as soon as find suitable solution
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
13 March 2017 17:54
The first idea that came to my mind is:
place all digit groups at the beginning and then after showing each digit translate them by precalculated step using node Transfrom Object with LOCAL coordinate space parameter. Also we can benefit from Show/Hide Process Child Objects nodes property (digits in group should have parent-child relations).
The logic tree is still bulky but I think it can be scaled easier by copying some node bunches like this with little modifications:
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
13 March 2017 21:14
Thank you for the time you took for me. Your nodes are interesting so it becomes more flexibility about the password.
But if i play around in the fast preview it seems there is a litle bug in the nodes. The numbers would't hide and sometimes the position of the numbers are outside the unit.
Maybe there is a problem with the String Join Operator?

Please register or log in to leave a reply.