Forum

Basic VR app

21 March 2017 21:34
How to set up very basic and simple VR app that can be viewed through simple google cardboard. Or this at the moment not possible?
I want to test a simple .json 3D-scene exported by Blend4web. Can someone guide me?

Can we also use our smartphones (gyroscope) to control the camera movements (zoom in/out, rotation, etc) for non VR (normal web based 3D app).
22 March 2017 13:21
Hello.

A simple VR application you can see here.
And here is documentation about stereo rendering.

I want to test a simple .json 3D-scene exported by Blend4web. Can someone guide me?

You can use our webplayer, there is the 'load' attribute for loading a .json-file.

Can we also use our smartphones (gyroscope) to control the camera movements (zoom in/out, rotation, etc) for non VR (normal web based 3D app).

Yes you can. If you are programmer, there are 3 ways to using gyroscope in you application. They are ordered from easy to hard:

It is preferable to use the sensor system. An example you can see here.
Blend4Web Team
kirill@blend4web.com
30 March 2017 10:41
Hey little question :
Is HTC vive supported in the lastest release ? I tried the code snippets scene but it doesn't seem to work.

Seb
10 April 2017 23:44
It works with HTC vive. But when you switch to HMD mode, the browser starts flickering and nothing moves in the browser. But you can see your VR scene in Vive headset. You can use the mirror view of HTC-vive to see the VR activity on monitor screen.
11 April 2017 01:36
@Kirill Osipov
Thanks for your guidance. I have some more question if you could please put some more light on :

1. I made a simple scene with camera type Eye. I exported it in .html format. Then I transfer it to my mobile through USB. When I try to run it, it simply doesn't load it.

2. So, how can I establish a connection with a smartphone, so that I can see that exported .html file simultaneously in my google cardboard as well as in my computer. (so that others can see where I am looking through cardboard).

3. For controlling a 3D object using smartphone Gyroscope, where do I put the code you mentioned with the gyroscope addon. I mean, I exported the blender file to .json and then I used 'app' method to load .json file. With this I also inserted the code of this addon. And in the end, it simply doesn't work .

Please register or log in to leave a reply.