Forum

Baked simulation

02 May 2017 11:10
How to make the particles move along the defined path?
Hi, unfortunally for now you can't guide particles using path. Can you axplaine what you try to achieve maybe it can be done by another way.

For example I need fill object with particles (like water) for this i should use collision physics, that wouldn't apply in blend4web render
It can't be done by the method like it usually blender users do using physics and fluid simulation, you will need to imitate a stream of water and filling of object using material animation or vertex animation. I made a very simple example how it can be done, you may also look at some of our demos like Fountaint in our SDK as the eample of water and stream material.

Here's the example for you. I home it will help.
water_example.tar.bz2
water_filling_example.html
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
02 May 2017 14:05
Thank you, Mikhail.

As i understand, for "vertex animation" mesh topology should't changing wile playing animation. It's may be very difficult to achive with scene where filled object is not so simple like box or cylinder. Also meshes from metaballs, effects based on particles who's must collide with complex geometry.
The thing is I need illustrate different stuff for Medical manual for universities,
where many sort of thing like this.
My question is: Can i "bake" or "cahe" deforming geometry with not permanent mesh topology.

sorry for complex wording )
02 May 2017 15:36
My question is: Can i "bake" or "cahe" deforming geometry with not permanent mesh topology.
No, it's can't be done, there's no way for now to create an object with dynamic amaount of vertexes in the engine. Only way is to imitate it using material animation with prepeared static geometry.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
02 May 2017 15:47
Ok. Thanks.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.