Forum

gem reflectivity

09 May 2017 17:50
Hi,

I've created my desired shape of gem but how can I apply the same geometry and refelection of blender's library gem to that ?

Thanks
10 May 2017 12:54
I've created my desired shape of gem but how can I apply the same geometry and refelection of blender's library gem to that ?
Hi! You just need to add a UVMap for the outside geometry of the gem such as it done for the inside one. As you can mentioned in the geometry node UVMap heighlighed by red color, it means that UVMap needed but material can't find it on the geometry. I made some corrections in your example.gems.blend
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
11 May 2017 12:41
Maybe I couldnt explain it well, I mean I have an object (favorite shape) for gem outside but I want to have the same geometry as "favorite shape" object for gem inside with the effect of gem inside of blend4web material library gem . *because now I used the previous geometry and they dont match together)

Thanks
11 May 2017 12:48
Maybe I couldnt explain it well, I mean I have an object (favorite shape) for gem outside but I want to have the same geometry as "favorite shape" object for gem inside with the effect of gem inside of blend4web material library gem .
If I undersnad you right: you need just to copy original mesh, then subdivide it a little bit, then treangulate and make each endge with sems for uvmap, then unwrap all mesh so each triage of this mesh unwrapped separately. And finally you need to direct all normals of the mesh inside of it.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.