Forum

macOS How to make blend4web default browser is chrome。

13 June 2017 06:20
I'm using the OS X system, which has been set up to set the chrome as the default browser, but every time I click Fast Preview or SDK Index on blender, it opens at Safari. Could you tell me what you can do to open it at chrome, except for the address of the replication gateway?
Good life needs no explanation!
13 June 2017 09:01
This is what works for me:
From System Preferences Click on General then select Default Web Browser app. In this image you can see I have Firefox selected. So it opens Fast Preview with Firefox.
13 June 2017 09:59
Reply to post of user Will Welker
This is what works for me:
From System Preferences Click on General then select Default Web Browser app. In this image you can see I have Firefox selected. So it opens Fast Preview with Firefox.
Hi,Thank you, Will Welker
Actually, I set it just like you, but it didn't work. It only works for other programs, but it doesn't work for blender or for blend4web. Sorry to forgive my poor English, I have to use translation software.
Good life needs no explanation!
13 June 2017 15:58
I am not an expert on Mac so you may have to search more in some other places.
Here is a site that has options for other versions of Mac. You may be able to change that option from inside the Safari browser options.
http://osxdaily.com/2007/04/06/change-the-default-web-browser-in-mac-os-x/link
27 June 2017 00:02
It seems to me it would be nice if Blend4web implemented a dropdown menu to pick which Browser you want to use for fast preview. I've seen this in other web development software. making it easy to try in multiple browsers or target a specific one for testing. All while leaving the "default" OS Browser setting alone.

One reason I see a need is that I prefer to use "Brave" as my default browser in Windows. Its very secure which actually conflicts with testing local html files using blend4web. So I have to keep switching my default browser back and forth when using or not using Blend4web.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.