Forum

Floating Objects

04 July 2017 22:11
Hi friends, I can not get an object to float in a water material, does anyone know how to do it?.Thanks in advance.
05 July 2017 01:19
Have you found the Floater option in the Physics tab?
05 July 2017 07:26
Yes Will, a plane with water material, a Main Body cube, several Emptys Bob, I have made a group of objects but nothing. I think that I am not applying well the forces in the different objects but I do not get it I miss something that I do not know is.
Thank you.
05 July 2017 09:55
Please note that the physics engine is not compiled into Web Player HTML files for the sake of saving file size. If this is not the case, then you can attach here a minimal .blend file for us to check.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
05 July 2017 11:45
Yuri,
I have been trying some different ways but have been unable to make my ball float. In the documentation I was unsure if the Bob objects need to be parented to the main body. Attached is my .blend file, maybe you can show us how it is supposed to work.
05 July 2017 18:10
Exact Will, in the documentation is not very clear, the restriction of vehicle works perfectly but the flotation has tried in many ways and I can not.
Regards.
05 July 2017 18:22
Yuri,
I have been trying some different ways but have been unable to make my ball float. In the documentation I was unsure if the Bob objects need to be parented to the main body. Attached is my .blend file, maybe you can show us how it is supposed to work.
Hi

so to make your object float you should:
- disable "Object Physics" for water object
- add bob objects. It should be mesh, empties are not supported (we'll fix docs)

Updated blend file in the attachment
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
05 July 2017 19:18
Yes!!, it works, a thousand thanks to Will, Yuri and Konstantin for worrying. Is it too much to ask for some guidance for Floaoting Vehicles aka Watercrafts ?, using the Hull part of the vehicle restriction I do not get it to move with the Camera controls in preview.
Thank you.
06 July 2017 05:35
There is a video that might help. Look at this video at 5 min 30 sec.
Basically, in the lower left of your scene viewer, it shows what you are controlling. Hit Q to clear, then click you boat hull to start controlling the boat. Also the cube on the boat is set as the steering wheel in the vehicle panel. The boat is not set as a floater. rather just a vehicle of HULL type and the Bobs are added in the vehicle type menu just like on the floater object.
Attached is a working boat example.
06 July 2017 07:01
Thank you very much Will, it works great !!
Regards.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.