Forum

JS Callback issue

12 July 2017 01:40
That's a nope… Something to remember for the future.

To be honest, I'm having a complete nightmare. I decided to uninstall and reinstall EVERYTHING, including blender. Guess what? when I try to boot the new install of B4W in User preferences, B4W is nowhere to be seen in the add ons list. Done everything right. I pointed the scripts (in user pref) to the SDK root, saved, restarted… It's nowhere. I'm starting to think it's got it in for me.

I'll have to post it in the noob section, as I moved the Blend4web app in the add-ons, using the remove button.

I'm losing so much time on this, it's stressing me out :-)

C
12 July 2017 02:57
After a whole day on this I've discovered the problem, but I have to say, I have no idea what's causing it. Here's my autopsy.

When I add a new node tree, I for some reason, don't have 'B4WLogicNode' in the drop down, so I made my own and named it 'myNode' (for example). I make sure the little 'F' button is clicked, and then build my tree. THIS DOES NOT WORK!

I downloaded a source file (from the welsh guy on Youtube). His file already had the 'B4WLogicNodeTree' in the list, so I worked with that as a starting point. Everything works perfectly.

It seems to be a local issue when my scenes are initiated, but I don't know what the cause of the problem is. Here's a link to one of the 'failed' blend files:
link

And here's a link to the one that works
link

Even if I save my node tree as 'B4WLogicNodeTree', which I have done (even though my source file omits the word 'tree'), it still fails.

I don't even know what to look out for, so your astute observations are, as usual, more than welcome.

It's a total mystery to me and has cost me hours :-(

Kind regards
12 July 2017 15:04
Even if I save my node tree as 'B4WLogicNodeTree', which I have done (even though my source file omits the word 'tree'), it still fails.

I don't even know what to look out for, so your astute observations are, as usual, more than welcome.

It's a total mystery to me and has cost me hours :-(
Hello,
please take a look at this doc section.
You need to enable logic tree in the scene settings
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
12 July 2017 15:28
I moved the Blend4web app in the add-ons, using the remove button.
The way Blender works, this actually deletes the files in the SDK (don't feel bad, how do you think I learned that? )
So you will need a fresh SDK install. Usually, when I download the SDK zip file, I keep the zip file in case I need a fresh install LOL.
See attached video file for activating the Logic Nodes.
13 July 2017 05:08
You're a star, thanks.

I was starting to think my install was full of glitches.

C

Please register or log in to leave a reply.