Forum

Exporting Shape Keys and Vertex Animation Combined

31 July 2017 18:30
Hi,

is it possible to export both vertex animation and Shape Keys for one specific object? I can only activate one of those features at a time and the other will be deactivated…

My object has to start with a specific "Start-Deformation" (e.g. "Shapekey 1"), then a vertex-animation plays back and resets. Later the Start-Deformation changes ("Shapekey 2") and the vertex-animation plays again.

Does anyone know how to combine those features?

Thanks for your help :)
31 July 2017 18:40
is it possible to export both vertex animation and Shape Keys for one specific object? I can only activate one of those features at a time and the other will be deactivated…

My object has to start with a specific "Start-Deformation" (e.g. "Shapekey 1"), then a vertex-animation plays back and resets. Later the Start-Deformation changes ("Shapekey 2") and the vertex-animation plays again.

Does anyone know how to combine those features?
You can't export both animation at one onjcet, only one of them, but you can rebake you animated shapekeys+ your first vertex animation into one long vertex animain, and get only one animation. How to do it will depent on how you made your first vertex animation. Can you share with us your file?
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
31 July 2017 19:04
Thanks for your reply

The problem is that I've to control the "activated" shapekey dynamicly.

I've attached my .blend file.

At the current State the Shapekey "frame_0005" for the two Objects is at Value 1. The baked Vertex Animation "Page_ANIM_Shrinkwrap" is also baked with active Shape-Key "frame_0005". Now when I hit a button another Shape-Key (e.g. "frame_0008") should be set on Value 1 and the vertex Anim for the object "Page_ANIM_Shrinkwrap" should play again.

This should be possible for any Shape-Key combination…

Thanks for your help
01 August 2017 10:55
Thanks for your reply

The problem is that I've to control the "activated" shapekey dynamicly.

I've attached my .blend file.

At the current State the Shapekey "frame_0005" for the two Objects is at Value 1. The baked Vertex Animation "Page_ANIM_Shrinkwrap" is also baked with active Shape-Key "frame_0005". Now when I hit a button another Shape-Key (e.g. "frame_0008") should be set on Value 1 and the vertex Anim for the object "Page_ANIM_Shrinkwrap" should play again.

This should be possible for any Shape-Key combination…

Thanks for your help
Ok, I understand what you want to achieve, somebody on our forum already tryed to make page flipping using vertex animation and he failed, so it's better to use simple armature animation for this. I made an example for you, it's very simple but you can add more IK for better control. Page-Flip_Test.blend
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
04 August 2017 10:51
Thank you very much :)
I'll try to adapt my existing animations to this kind of rig. The original animation was achieved with a Lattice and Deform-Modifier.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.