Forum

More deployment issues

10 August 2017 17:45
Hey all,

After solving a JDK compiler problem (thanks to Will and Ivan), I've now got another issue.

I've made a 'starter files' project, built it and deployed it.

If I run 'build' from project manager, I get a black screen with the Javascript console stating:

Reference Error: Can't find variable: b4w
Global Code My_Project.min.js:8:474

I tried uploading to my server to see if the problem was consistent. It was, and I also got a 404, where the app seems to be looking for deploy/apps/common/b4w.simple.min.js.map in my directory. Seems weird.

Any pointers?
11 August 2017 10:41
Do you have any other machines you can test it on? In my experience, Java and Mac don't play nicely. I suspect you still have Java problems. You might make sure all old versions are removed and do a clean install. You might do a clean Blend4Web install as well to rule out that as a problem.
See if this video helps with Java.
11 August 2017 12:48
In the video linked above, towards the end he gives instructions to changing the path variable. This has solve issues for me in the past on Mac.
A few hints:
To show hidden files and folders on a Mac, paste this into your terminal:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

Then hold the Option key, then right click on the Finder icon in the dock and click Relaunch.
In your Home directory, find .bash_profile. In the video, he opened it from the terminal but I opened it with Sublime Text to edit it.
Paste this into the file to replace what is there:
export JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/libexec/java_home)

Then save. It will require your password.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.