Forum

Meta tag click as Logic action

10 August 2017 21:09
I really like the annotation style meta-tags. I have gotten nearly to completion on a project using only the logic editor nodes (no programming). I need a way to force the display of the meta tag description. I can imagine it would work if I could
1) use the click of the meta-tag as a trigger event to move down the logic path. I.E. you can't proceed until you click the tag. (but it appears selecting the meta-tag is not registered as a selected object).
2) Another way would be to auto-display the description field of the meta-tag after a predetermined time.

Is either of these (or something else I didn't think of) possible without too much fiddling with code?
11 August 2017 00:42
Hi, could you put a label on the label that does not render and is detected by the mouse?
15 August 2017 17:54
Quite possibly. I was trying to solve my issue without going into coding. I just am not ready to jump into coding yet.
15 August 2017 19:13
1) use the click of the meta-tag as a trigger event to move down the logic path. I.E. you can't proceed until you click the tag. (but it appears selecting the meta-tag is not registered as a selected object).

You do not have to program, you do the empty child of a plane for example and the plane serves as selectable object, you can make it not render so that it is not seen.
15 August 2017 20:11
Wow! Great thought. It very nearly works but not quite. I didn't know a non-rendered object could still be selected. The only problem is that the tag appears to take precedence for mouse cursor clicks. So if you click on the tag, the mouse click does not register as selecting anything. If you click just off the tag where the plane is, then it registers. Thanks for your input!

Please register or log in to leave a reply.