Forum

Arrow flow animation in B4W

30 August 2017 10:16
So, total newbie here.

I've created in blender a particle emitter with as Dupli Object arrows (made with cubes).
With the moving arrows I want to show the flow of air through a pipe. Works great!

Then I switched to B4W engine.. With the particle emitter I've to choose a Halo or Billboard for render.. So the nice flow of arrows stopped working and I can't find a alternative solution on the web.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get a looped arrow flow simulation in B4W?
30 August 2017 13:17
This came up in another thread. I can't find it at the moment but one of the devs provided and example that I thought was really cool.

You can download the example blend file:
shader_example.blend
30 August 2017 14:54
That is awesome! Thank you!

However, it seems to have the restriction of one color. Where can I find more information about this technique(s)/build-up (speed of animation, etc)?
I want have a transition from blue to red (heat) and so I tried to use a Colorramp with the nodes (image). Without any luck.. It just shows one solid color.

30 August 2017 15:23
However, it seems to have the restriction of one color. Where can I find more information about this technique(s)/build-up (speed of animation, etc)?
I want have a transition from blue to red (heat) and so I tried to use a Colorramp with the nodes (image). Without any luck.. It just shows one solid color.
It made without particles system, you'll get nothing from node Particle Info. I corrected the shader for you.
viscicle_shader_example.blend
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
30 August 2017 17:01
Thank you! That's a really big help!

I almost understand how everything is made.. Except when I re-create it I somewhere mess up or miss a critical step.. I reckon that it has to do with the UV-map? How can I position the arrows the right way along the tube?
Arrows_in_tube.blend
30 August 2017 17:28
xcept when I re-create it I somewhere mess up or miss a critical step.. I reckon that it has to do with the UV-map? How can I position the arrows the right way along the tube?
UVMap used to locate an arrow, just unwrapped to the center of the image. It also unwrapped in line and used as mask for coloring arrows.
30 August 2017 18:02
Reply to post of user Mikhail Luzyanin
UVMap used to locate an arrow, just unwrapped to the center of the image. It also unwrapped in line and used as mask for coloring arrows.

Could you elaborate on this? How is the 'skeleton' of the cylinder created as well?
30 August 2017 18:14
How is the 'skeleton' of the cylinder created as well?
You mean the geometry or material?
30 August 2017 19:15
The geometry. When I go to edit mode your cylinder has a spline and whatever I do, I still got the faces of the rounding of the cylinder. And the arrows are projected on the spline of the cylinder it seems.

Edit: Attached images and clarification.
2.PNG
3.PNG
31 August 2017 10:22
The geometry. When I go to edit mode your cylinder has a spline and whatever I do, I still got the faces of the rounding of the cylinder. And the arrows are projected on the spline of the cylinder it seems.
It's made with two modifiers Array and Curve. First modifier make multiple copies of a small piece of tube and shift it by one of the axis. Second modifier bend this geometry by simple spline curve. Look at this artile.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.